Higashi

Murder Revival

IMO murder had a great run but like other Gmod servers, the gamemodes are dying and it’s useless to keep them up. 

19 minutes ago, Hagop said:

IMO murder had a great run but like other Gmod servers, the gamemodes are dying and it’s useless to keep them up. 

With that mindset we should just delete this community! Along with darkrp and all the other gamemodes!

OT: Whats even the point of you commenting? Ive actually took time out of my way to make this thread and put effort into joining other servers and finding maps, taking the best parts from all of them and putting it here to suggest to the server, sure murder is boring but thats only for those who choose to make it boring. Maybe play murder with your friends like you play Cinema and actually give it a try instead of going "Nah it had a great run kill it"

Edited by Higashi
  • Good Idea! 1
  • Agree 1
  • Yikes 2

21 minutes ago, Higashi said:

With that mindset we should just delete this community! Along with darkrp and all the other gamemodes!

OT: Whats even the point of you commenting? Ive actually took time out of my way to make this thread and put effort into joining other servers and finding maps, taking the best parts from all of them and putting it here to suggest to the server, sure murder is boring but thats only for those who choose to make it boring. Maybe play murder with your friends like you play Cinema and actually give it a try instead of going "Nah it had a great run kill it"

I hope you understand that the same thing happened to jailbreak and it never came back for a reason. There was no demand/the playerbase was gone. If you can bring the server back up with this then congrats. But with the server at its current stage, just shut it down.

• Dumb 1

6 minutes ago, Hagop said:

I hope you understand that the same thing happened to jailbreak and it never came back for a reason. There was no demand/the playerbase was gone. If you can bring the server back up with this then congrats. But with the server at its current stage, just shut it down.

I need to find a gif to demonstrate my disappointment.

Image result for head in hands gif

Yes the server at its current stage isnt the best hense why you want it to be shut down, but this is why im making a fucking thread??? You realise that this thread is aimed at improving the gamemode of Murder on Poseidon so it stands out to the rest of the GMOD community as one of the better Murder Servers, and like all game modes, all it needs is 2 dedicated staff members or community members to jumpstart it then eventually youl have players.

Side not there is a demand for Jailbreak however small, you might want to check on the thread monkey posted for it. Stop commenting if you're only going to post dumb shit.

Edited by Higashi

2 minutes ago, Higashi said:

I need to find a gif to demonstrate my disappointment.

Image result for head in hands gif

Yes the server at its current stage isnt the best hense why you want it to be shut down, but this is why im making a fucking thread??? You realise that this thread is aimed at improving the gamemode of Murder on Poseidon so it stands out to the rest of the GMOD community as one of the better Murder Servers, and like all game modes, all it needs is 2 dedicated staff members or community members to jumpstart it then eventually youl have players.

Side not there is a demand for Jailbreak however small, you might want to check on the thread monkey posted for it. Stop commenting if you're only going to post dumb shit.

Woah buddy, calm down. This is just an online forum, if you seriously rage over here you have issues XD.

OT: Some things just need to die. I’m not criticizing the work of Monkey and other staff but Murder is “about to have a heart attack and is getting transported to its deathbed’. If your idea works, absolutely go ahead. But really, the only thing you’ll get out of it is old players coming back to check it out for a week or so before leaving. Sometimes servers just gotta go. Bring it back for special events like breach. But, really, it’s time to pull the plug.

• Dumb 2

1 minute ago, Hagop said:

Woah buddy, calm down. This is just an online forum, if you seriously rage over here you have issues XD.

OT: Some things just need to die. I’m not criticizing the work of Monkey and other staff but Murder is “about to have a heart attack and is getting transported to its deathbed’. If your idea works, absolutely go ahead. But really, the only thing you’ll get out of it is old players coming back to check it out for a week or so before leaving. Sometimes servers just gotta go. Bring it back for special events like breach. But, really, it’s time to pull the plug.

.If your going to delete inactive servers your better off deleting half the server list. 

.From a development standpoint I don’t think there’s much @Echotiger can do.

.I would happily help in trying to revive the server.

Just my thoughts at the moment.

• Agree 1

Murder doesn't need suggestions for just content (IMO) it needs a sort of revamp within the gamemode where when x amount of people join there's more then 1 murderer and bystander with a gun, similar to TTT in a way, otherwise you're waiting for ages to get either of those roles, or go around the whole map and collect 5 clues to get a gun only for that round to end, and that's what makes the whole entire gamemode boring from my point of view. Even when I was playing and was staffing, I was finding it boring throughout the whole duration (even whilst I had friends on), and found myself just standing around in one spot the whole time, or just browsing through things on my phone whilst the round played itself out.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, remix said:

Murder doesn't need suggestions for just content (IMO) it needs a sort of revamp within the gamemode where when x amount of people join there's more then 1 murderer and bystander with a gun, similar to TTT in a way, otherwise you're waiting for ages to get either of those roles, or go around the whole map and collect 5 clues to get a gun only for that round to end, and that's what makes the whole entire gamemode boring from my point of view. Even when I was playing and was staffing, I was finding it boring throughout the whole duration (even whilst I had friends on), and found myself just standing around in one spot the whole time, or just browsing through things on my phone whilst the round played itself out.

at that point you're better off just playing ttt 

• Agree 3

I would contribute and help towards the server, but back then any attempts I tried to jumpstart were futile. I saw more people joining randomly than me actually jumpstarting. And having one single person do it isn't enough either. I've seen 2-3 at best at one time. It's so boring being innocent and it's only fun with the random gamemodes which occur, or being sheriff or murderer.  Sure having unique content would bring players in, but what else is there to introduce? it's only gonna get more difficult in the end, trying to think of new ways to bring players in.

Gamemodes such as free for all won't keep the server standing, and it's hard enough thinking of new ideas. Things like pointshop where you get hats are so pointless, giving little to nothing to improve the gameplay. It's been stretched this far with it's resources already, and sure another staff team more dedicated would help to liven up the server. But what happens when you can't think of any new content to introduce? it's gonna be the same now. People are gonna get bored with it, and look for new servers or gamemodes. 

I got pretty discouraged when all my efforts were futile. I can't even think of any new ideas to introduce. Imagine you're in this situation: You're in a game with 7 people. You're chosen as innocent and 2 others are selected as bystander with a gun, and murderer. What are you gonna do? Look for clues? high possibility the rounds gonna end, or you're dead anyway. Sure you get the gun after that if the bystander died, but even if you win you still have a high chance of being innocent again, and all the shit happening to you which I mentioned. That isn't fun, and you're just sitting there waiting for the round to end.

Honestly, if some of the ideas listed on this topic does work I'd be happy to help, but with the issues it has currently I still see the same end for murder. It's not fun having to wait an entire round to play a game, especially if you get killed early. Now before you start saying this and that towards me I'm not saying "shut it down" I'm addressing the issues murders had for all this time. Honestly some of the ideas here you could try, especially the revamp idea. But it's still not gonna change my point of view, what happens when we have nothing else to invest towards murder? it starts to become repetitive and people don't become interested anymore. That's why I see no future for murder. 

Didn't think I wrote that much down, well shit. 

Edited by Shlepi
I needed more OOMPH in my statement.
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Shlepi said:

Gamemodes such as free for all won't keep the server standing, and it's hard enough thinking of new ideas. Things like pointshop where you get hats are so pointless, giving little to nothing to improve the gameplay. It's been stretched this far with it's resources already, and sure another staff team more dedicated would help to liven up the server. But what happens when you can't think of any new content to introduce? it's gonna be the same now. People are gonna get bored with it, and look for new servers or gamemodes. 

Pointshop was added to give an incentive for people to stay on the server to I guess works toward somethings, otherwise you're just playing the default gamemode, and even as it is now it's really basic and there's nothing you can *really* add to the gamemode, and it's just simply redundant. There's basically no content you can add to murder (from what I can think of), making the gamemode less enjoyable than watching golf, and that's something.

13 hours ago, Shlepi said:

I got pretty discouraged when all my efforts were futile. I can't even think of any new ideas to introduce. Imagine you're in this situation: You're in a game with 7 people. You're chosen as innocent and 2 others are selected as bystander with a gun, and murderer. What are you gonna do? Look for clues? high possibility the rounds gonna end, or you're dead anyway. Sure you get the gun after that if the bystander died, but even if you win you still have a high chance of being innocent again, and all the shit happening to you which I mentioned. That isn't fun, and you're just sitting there waiting for the round to end.

I mean there was nothing ever thought about the gamemode when there was a player count of I'd say 10 people and on wards, the gamemode is designed for a small amount of players (anywhere from 4-8), not for 24 or so. The only thing that I had ever found fun was staffing, and for a gamemode, if staffing is the only thing that you find fun and not the gamemode, then in my opinion, the gamemode is shit, and it's hard to keep an active playerbase there.

I mean my thoughts on keeping the server up (if there's plans for taking it down), is to give it a month or whatever (but nothing too long) and see what the playerbase is like for that time, and if it's anywhere above half the maximum slots for a majority of that time in the prime time when people are on, then keep it up, but if not then it could be shutdown, as to me it's just a server that's being kept up, and a free manager rank for whoever manages it.

Also play TTT it's much better then this shit

Edited by remix
  • Agree 1