Monkey

Change; You talk, we listen.

1 minute ago, [GS] Wheatley™ said:

However that was the devs fault as stated above they manage and dev for more popular severs think they could do this as a sideline thing and help the other server when it needs it

I dont understand, can you put this into a paragraph or a sentence that makes sense please?

• Sad 1

Just now, Higashi said:

I dont understand, can you put this into a paragraph or a sentence that makes sense please?

Alright. Say we have a person that knows how to manage a server, implement files, restart etc, we also have a dev that is capable of being called a dev *cough* not prior *cough* and say the developer has to assist in running a popular server and release updates for bugs, sorta like jimmy for Darkrp. And this manager runs the server, accepts/ denies apps, restarting and adding any files given. The dev could be called when the manager needs an update for example to patch a bug where players could be able to get out of the map. The dev would work in this as a sideline project and submit to the manager. 

• Traumatising 1
  • Suspicious 1

15 minutes ago, [GS] Wheatley™ said:

Alright. Say we have a person that knows how to manage a server, implement files, restart etc, we also have a dev that is capable of being called a dev *cough* not prior *cough* and say the developer has to assist in running a popular server and release updates for bugs, sorta like jimmy for Darkrp. And this manager runs the server, accepts/ denies apps, restarting and adding any files given. The dev could be called when the manager needs an update for example to patch a bug where players could be able to get out of the map. The dev would work in this as a sideline project and submit to the manager. 

There is no point for a manager in that case, I like how you took Jimmy as an example, because he is now co manager of Darkrp and can accept apps at will if he wishes it, he also runs the staff team along side malcolm and develops the server. My point stands, there is no need for a manager and developer for a server such as Jailbreak, it would benefit us greatly just having a person who can do both, which isnt hard since all you're doing is accepting and denying apps.

Edited by Higashi
  • Good Idea! 1
  • Dumb 2

On 10/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, Higashi said:

Yet his dev team was incompetent leading to a long wait and countless bugs on release. It would be better if someone could manage AND develop, not two people. technically if you have a developer its not hard to teach them how to manage.

Bro me and LVP grinded the shit out of the server

Yes the server wasn't perfect and I wasn't the best """dev""" but it's sort of a kick in the balls to not recognize that I put fucken countless hours into that server (and yes, often getting help from others like LVP, Meeno, Cain) but we still worked our ass off for the server, and the server was still in a very playable decent condition (other then our lag problem but that's just something else), we always tried our best to get on top of bugs and updated the server/edited stuff as needed. I can't really think of a time where there were any major bugs left unfixed or gaps in content needed/wanted for the server (other than our fucken lag problem).

Also, 'countless bugs' are inevitable, I have experienced multiple bugs just in the last two days from strolling through the current SWRP server, bugs happen, they happen to even the most experienced developers.

I also couldn't disagree with you more, a person doesn't and shouldn't develop and manage a server, firstly because as stated that they don't really exist, and you can't really 'teach' someone how to manage a server, you need to get someone that has predispositioned interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and emotional intelligence to successfully coordinate and run a server (perfect example: fegelein).  Basic skills however, can be taught to those people, such as uploading content/removing content/managing maps/managing workshop downloads/fast dl stuff, (and I was teaching fegelein this sort of stuff during down time) a perfect example of someone who has these manager skills with basic server management knowledge is bat, she has picked that sort of stuff from her countless time managing. You also can't "teach" a manager how to develop, there isn't a two week crash course you can do to learn how to do it, it's an endless learning curve, and if all that isn't enough reason for you, if someone who was an active developer and manager for a server they wouldn't have a fucken life.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:14 PM, [GS] Wheatley™ said:

we also have a dev that is capable of being called a dev *cough* not prior *cough*

ouch

Edited by Prior
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Late 1

if someone who was an active developer and manager for a server they wouldn't have a fucken life.

#OOF. Totally me on two servers +1

• Friendly 2