Sign in to follow this  
Russian Spy

Bringing back the preset criminal roles.

Posted (edited)

Your Dark RP Name:

Anastasia Komanova & Pablo Martinez.

Your suggestion:

Bring back the preset gangs & maybe thief-donor for mainly aesthetic purposes without changing any of the current rules.

Description of suggestion:

1.       Basically just bring back the Crips and Bloods gangs(leaders get a lockpick, access to group chat & agenda etc - basically how it was in OG Poseidon). Mafia, Gopnik and Cartel do not necessarily have to return as I think these are better rp'd as private citizen gangs imo.

2.       Potentially resurrect the donator only thief role that spawns with a raging bull, keypad cracker & lockpick equipped.

3.       At the same time keep the current server rules the same so citizens can still form their own private gangs or organizations.

How it will benefit the server:

I know it sounds pointless in theory to bring back the preset criminal roles when citizens can just rp them but this suggestion is more so for the sake of new players who are more use to the old system of dark rp. I have seen quite a few new players and old returning players complain about the lack of jobs on the server. I just thought that to appease the newbies it might be wise to bring back the illusion of more content by adding the criminal jobs back. Sometimes new players just need a bit of direction so it would not hurt to give them the opportunity to join an easily accessible gang like the Crips or Bloods rather than try to figure out how the radio system works or wander about aimlessly as a citizen without purpose then disconnect. 

As for the thief-donor suggestion that is more so because I feel that it was always a popular job that raked in the big bucks. In my view it would not be the worst job you could bring back. The server could use a bit more donations next month and this suggestion could help with that.

I do not see any harm or conflict in catering both to new players that are more use to old school dark rp and vets that want more freedom in rp. If the gangs do get brought back it would not necessarily mean that the same restrictive rules would be brought back as this change would be for aesthetic purposes only. This suggestion does not necessarily have to be permanent as it could be a temporary placeholder until a better custom gang/organisation system for new players is implemented.

Edited by Russian Spy
  • Friendly 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thinking 2

This could be really helpful to new players who either haven't played Poseidon or the just haven't played DarkRP in general.

Great Suggestion +1

Thief Donator is a money making machine. A job that gets a gun, a lock pick and a keypad cracker was a good idea then and a good idea now. Not many people read the rules and would most likely not know about the freedom of citizen. +1

• Friendly 1

This is just a similar suggestion that I thought was interesting so I'm just gonna casually steal it. - Credit to John Bowed.

image.png.1694201c7d41ad4efa684131baca9875.png

For this suggestion I think adding on skins automatically as well to some of the job presets would be helpful eg: Crips, Bloods, Mafia, Gopnik and Cartel outfits. You could potentially expand this idea to non-criminal roles too for example: businessmen, prostitute, militia member, survivalist, priest and security guard etc. 

Edited by Russian Spy

better yet add a proper gang system that carries over sessions, so people have more of a incentive to play with each other. although the ones i have seen are rather complicated so it might be slightly confusing to newer players. 

Edited by 1080p Cat