Sign in to follow this  
Dany Targayen

Removal of the "only 2 thieves can raid rule"

Posted (edited)

Your DarkRP Name:

Anastasia Komanov, Pablo Martinez, Frank Fontaine, Jeremy Corbyn etc.

Suggestion:

Allow for an unlimited number of thieves to raid any property. 

Description of Suggestion:

Simply alter the rules by removing the "only two thieves can raid" rule.

How it will benefit the server:

It's no secret that the police force is filled to the brink whenever the server has a decent or large amount of people on. Because of this, the criminal side is greatly disadvantaged bar the rare existence of a formidable and populated gang. The criminal side of the town is almost non-existent bar the two derpy thieves with revolvers or at best a sako who would usually fail given the PD's defensive advantage, higher health points(130-120HP), easy access to kevlar, strength in numbers, the pd's "special kill-hole" & other tools which make life easier for the police force generally.

I think it would be only fair given both the unfairness of the current situation as well as the server's current population decline to remove the only two thieves can raid rule so that there can be more action on the server for both criminals & cops. My suggestion would also give the PD more of a challenge in terms of defence since as of now its literally mostly the horde of cops steamrolling two thieves at a time.

That said I actually prefer buffing the gangs in some way as a more preferred alternative to buffing the thieves, but given the server's current predicament and the popularity of the thief role I guess it can't hurt to remove this ancient unfair rule which I believe doesn't really fit the current circumstances on the server. 

Edited by THE RDMING MACHINE
  • Suspicious 1
  • Appalled 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExplodeThePenguins said:

Thieves fill up before police fill up, this will cause more problems in a low population

Whenever I've been on, the cops have outnumbered all the other jobs to a very large degree. It's very rare to see criminals accomplish anything nowadays from my perspective(unless the police force is a bit derpy). It's also not that hard to defend your base if you have kill holes so its not like its gonna be a total steamroll for thieves + cops have a superior physical biology(130hp) & can replenish their supplies(kevlar, guns, attachments, heck even flashbangs now etc.) much easier in terms of time & money than your common criminal.

I just think if we added a bit more action to the server in the form of more challenging or frequent raids across the town it would give more life to the server, because right now the server at best maxes out to like 27 players, the majority of which are cops, this ends up leading to a period of too much peace & stability where people slowly start to leave out of boredom.

Edited by THE RDMING MACHINE
  • Agree 1

While I could consider maybe upping the amount of thieves to three, while the police force is often more populated than the thieves (obviously also due to class limits), often up to half (give or take) of the police force is new players who don't even know what they're doing any aren't really doing much during a raid. You make a valid point about the obvious defender advantage inherent in pretty much any base, though, which would be also compounded by the potential amount of cops.

But I do see people quite often successfully raid the PD. And when you think about it, it shouldn't necessarily be easy to raid the PD. Not to say it should be impossible either.

I also see what you mean about the current population. I don't think it's due this (I don't think you were implying that either) but while it's quiet it could affect it.

I think tightening up and disallowing some building conventions that are obviously biased towards defenders would help as well. We've just always been wary of doing so due to player backlash. At the end of the day a lot of people are sooks who hate getting raided (myself included, that's why I never have proper bases).

Posted (edited)

I understand your point about the competence of half of the police force at times but throughout this entire year, even before the population drop it has always seemed like this server has been biased towards the police force/government. I mean cops & swat have received alot of buffs in many areas such as health(130 hp for cops, 125hp for swat I think, combine this with easy access to kevlar), shields, flashbangs and door charges combined of course with easy access to weapons, armor & attachments. The mayor role itself has received a decent amount of content in the form of reputation, government bank, government perks, deputy mayor role, events & ability to fire people etc. I understand that cops/government should have some sort of advantage but imo it seems to have gone a bit overboard lately as people even before the population drop seemed to be reluctant to go gang leader or even join a gang. 

In comparison the gangs have been a bit left behind as the only additional content for gangs added specifically I remember is that the leaders now have keypad crackers(& crips/bloods have fists but thats more of a meme than an advantage). I just feel generally like there needs to be more buffs like maybe 110 or 120 hp for mafia members, leader is able to purchase certain shipments on their own, the ability for a gang leader to just fire members instantly like the mayor,a vote system for gang leader & other major or little changes that would bring new life to these jobs. 

Honestly I just think that there has been a bit of an imbalance for a while in many areas between criminals generally and cops. I don't really have much love for the thief role as I would prefer for gangs to receive more buffs but then again I don't know if that would actually attract people to those roles or if people are too programmed into enjoying thief for whatever reason.

Edited by Dany Targayen
  • Good Idea! 1
  • Agree 1
  • bat 1