Higashi

Forum Suggestions

Poseidon Servers

Forum Suggestions:

Brief Snippet: So basically how this would work is pretty much the exact same to the old Forum Achievement system that @Tyger implemented back on the MyBB based forum as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/WkhHn4t (Just a bit of Chris acting big brain back in the day). I feel like this would thoroughly increase browsing and post making on the forums something to be rewarded for.

The list could go on with each achievement, hopefully there would be a cap for the achievements so each user isn't filled to the brim with achievements. This is just an aesthetic/interactive system where by being active on the forums and posting regularly (besides shitposting) can and will reward you. I don't know how this could be implemented with already existing reacts on the forums, like will certain people instantly get the achievement based on what they already have? Possibly, a way you could do most of these achievement is to add a hook to what a user posts and how he/she gets reacted and go from there. Also borders around the images would make it a bit aesthetically pleasing.

• New Borders for ranks
    • If you would scroll up once more and view Chris's post in all his glory, you'l see a border for his rank, him being Veteran. What I propose it to make an easily designed border around the ranks on the forums, just a simple suggestion that shouldn't even take 5-10 minutes for someone who knows what they're doing.

• Good Idea! 2
  • Thinking 2

Awesome idea! I can’t remember if it was possible or not on the old forums, but we could make all the things achievable, but only 5 or so selectable at a certain time. Some will obviously have to be defaulted/unremovable such as manager. That way you’re showing off the rarer traits, or the ones you’re most proud of or whatever else 

5 minutes ago, Pedil said:

Awesome idea! I can’t remember if it was possible or not on the old forums, but we could make all the things achievable, but only 5 or so selectable at a certain time. Some will obviously have to be defaulted/unremovable such as manager. That way you’re showing off the rarer traits, or the ones you’re most proud of or whatever else 

That would be a hook within the admin cp, where when someone is given a rank e.g. Owner or Manager, the achievement would be given to people that have the Manager Tag. Could you also elaborate what you mean by "ut only 5 or so selectable at a certain time" ?

Is a really good idea (and I'm down for it.) to have more aesthetics on the forums, but it'd have to be done manually, and even so having someone to do that manually (whether someone high-up in the community, or a select handful of trusted people) gets would be really tedious at  the beginning with how much achievements people would apply for.

1 hour ago, Higashi said:

That would be a hook within the admin cp, where when someone is given a rank e.g. Owner or Manager, the achievement would be given to people that have the Manager Tag. Could you also elaborate what you mean by "but only 5 or so selectable at a certain time" ?

say a user earns 10 achievements, a way to stop everyone from flooding (showing off all 10) their achievements on their profile (particularly ones that every 2nd user has) is by capping the achievements shown at 5, or whichever amount.

45 minutes ago, Pedil said:

say a user earns 10 achievements, a way to stop everyone from flooding (showing off all 10) their achievements on their profile (particularly ones that every 2nd user has) is by capping the achievements shown at 5, or whichever amount.

Thing is with these images, there would be 6 of them for one row, I'd say about 2 rows of 6 (12 achievements) would be kind of neater than stacking them all over the place. But do the achievements then replace ones that are older or will it work on a tier system, where say the 2.5k post achievement would be higher than say the 100+ reacts. (Im so sorry if this dosen't make sense, I just blurted it out with no fucks given if it dosen't really make sense haha)

Might be a cool idea to encourage people to make decent posts (though last time people definitely did enlist people to bump up their reaction counts). I do like the idea of the rank images that we had before as well, they just dress things up a little, if that's what you mean with the border comment.