Echo

Echo News & Interviews - Interview of Bat

Good morning, evening and night I guess for wherever you live, In our last interview we understood the logistics and backends of @Malcolm work on DarkRP. Now we figure out one of DarkRP more complicated minds and attempt to unravel the mind of the one and only Originals known as...

Bat/Perrin

In our interview we asked Perrin interesting questions regarding her work and contributions over at DarkRP and we go back in time to explore a world without the genius mind of @Jimmy neither the intricate law student @Malcolm but instead our ever loving content god Infernus. 

• What do you help Malcolm and Jimmy with over at DarkRP?

In terms of content, my main role tends to be maintaining the content packs, which contain the models and materials for a lot of our props and playermodels. Other than that, I also convene with Jimmy and Malcolm regarding rules, proposed new content, and applicants. Sometimes I accept and decline applicants but it's often Malcolm doing so now.

•  Do you contribute with changes made to DarkRP or the Forums?

I do contribute with changes regarding DarkRP, as said above mostly regarding models and props. I sometimes give Jimmy advice, if he asks, regarding new content and ideas. With regards to the forum, I don't have anything to do with changes to the forum, with the exception of having changed the organisation of some subforums around when requested by the community, but otherwise I have nothing to with anything else such as the layout.

• What were your first thoughts when meeting Jimmy?

My first memory of Jimmy was him approaching me and asking if we needed a dev. We absolutely did, but I was sceptical, as you would be as there are plenty of unsuitable people who just want power on a gmod server (I know right?). I asked him to code something as an example of his work, and he coded a very useful (though now obsolete due to him making his own admin mod) addon that stopped PM spam. From there we just had to get the higher ups to trust him with a sub user on the gamepanel. The rest was history. For a while he quit, but then he came back and offered to take over as he could tell I was over managing. Probably the best thing that happened to DarkRP, but shhh.

• What was management like when Infernus was managing DarkRP?
DarkRP was pretty fun when Infernus was managing. The biggest criticisms people had was that he never wanted to add anything new, which was true, he did it rarely. He was often too busy to code things himself, but he also didn't like adding things from Gmodstore (which I think was Scriptfodder at the time), which is an opinion Jimmy shares due to the often sloppy coding you can find there. Infernus was a very fun friend to have and though he didn't add a lot of content, he was a good manager and great at resolving disputes.
  • Any development projects not on the Trello you would like to announce/talk about?

There's nothing concrete planned that isn't on the Trello. There are plenty of ideas that I pitch to Jimmy; he usually says something non-committal, while probably rolling his eyes, but he's too kind to verbalise his utter disdain for my shitty ideas. But yeah, things generally get listed on the Trello if they're definitely planned.

• On a scale of 1-10 how much do you want to euthanise Yuki?
Yuki's suffering has gotten hard to watch. I think the best course of action would absolutely be to put him to sleep. A 10, definitely. He has infected several other people, which is appalling.

Once again very detailed and gives insight on what happens behind the scenes at DarkRP, There isn't much to say in a summary besides the fact that Bat has proven to be reliable for years on DarkRP.

How to contact bat?

• DarkRP discord

• Winner 2
  • bat 1
  • Appalled 1

Is it true that Bat is a female?

And gay?

• bat 1

Posted (edited)

download.png.b4c16c100702801693077fa885688cb2.png

You said it was going to be one of the most funniest and genius minds, I don't get it? (I'm kidding just in case anyone takes it serious so I don't get shafted).

Are you only going to do these interviews with people that have higher power in Poseidon?

Edited by Anthony
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony said:

download.png.b4c16c100702801693077fa885688cb2.png

You said it was going to be one of the most funniest and genius minds, I don't get it? (I'm kidding just in case anyone takes it serious so I don't get shafted).

Are you only going to do these interviews with people that have higher power in Poseidon?

No, After the next one im beginning More casual users.

• Late 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Echo said:

He has infected several other people, which is appalling.

I feel targeted by this.

@bat

Edited by Thotson LFWW
  • Yikes 1

5 minutes ago, Thotson LFWW said:

I feel targeted by this.

@bat

Well I wasn't going to mention names but....... You decided to make it public.

Come outside while I old yeller you.

• Traumatising 1

@bat The part where you said he “roles” his eyes and just hates the ideas you suggest is so true

everytime I suggest I think that Jimmy really wants to ignore my shitty idea. Fr the same feeling I get you.

1C24D7ED-8DA9-4189-8F47-5AE698DAE62E.jpeg

• Sad 2

This was more about Jimbo and other people than about mi'lady bat. I want more @bat

Good idea. Good interview

• Friendly 1

I wanna see Jimmy next 

• Winner 1