Echo

Echo News & Interviews - Interview of developer Jamie Duke

Good morning, evening and night I guess for wherever you live, In last interview we understood the logistics and backends of @Malcolm work on DarkRP. Now we understand Jamie's job in keeping control of Poseidon and its general development.

Jamie Duke

In our interview with @Jamie we understood the logistics of taking care of Poseidon and how much effort has really been put into for the survival through Poseidon's darkest times,Our first question was the following.

• What is your Duties at Poseidon Servers?

Tough to say really, i do all sorts of things around Poseidon. From managing the website to a damn discord bot that is the bane of my existence. I'm also the person who has to go to the datacenter if something breaks.

• What was the process like of setting up the new machine?
Fun, at first but it turned into an absolute fucking nightmare. 8 hours in a loud ass room with a lot of false hope.

343452345.jpg.f5d9863986b0b0ec27d215cd75e796f0.jpg

• What's the process of a community ban?

A community ban doesn't happen often, but when it does it's not usually a 1 person decision. We discuss it in the management chat with everybody's input, then it happens.

• Is there anything new to be developed soon that you wish to talk about?

Spook name dropped paid server hosting the other day, i dont know when that will happen though.

• What were your thoughts during the panel change which caused player numbers to dwindle?

Let me just say that it wasn't my fault. The panel issue was due to Pterodactyl not being compatible with lantos's network setup. We couldn't have gone back to TCAdmin because they stonewalled lantos.

Short but gives quite the insight into development and the incident which occured last year which caused player numbers to dwindle, Jamie in these questions provided answeres which showcased the behind the scenes of everything you play in your spare time and even showcased a picture of the mess of setting up the new machine, The next 2 will hopefully be 2 of Poseidon's funniest and most genius minds. But for the time being learning about @Jamie work in the back scenes gave a wonderful new perspective to the difficulty of most things accomplished.

• Winner 4

Posted (edited)

Bro I love false Bans too!

Edited by Nick Bean
  • Friendly 1
  • Yikes 1
  • Really Funny 1

OMG LANTOS AND SPOOK DOXXED!!!

OT: pretty cool job ya have looking forward to when your darkrp dashboard is done and the paid hosting sounds good.

• Dumb 1

23 minutes ago, Ultra Instinct Shags said:

Good work Jamie for putting up with poseidens technical part of things

that's more lantos's field. i just live closer. 

• Friendly 1
  • Thinking 1

343452345.jpg.f5d9863986b0b0ec27d215cd75e796f0.jpg

Did you take that picture?

If so, why were you so low you slut @Jamie

• Funny 1
  • Suspicious 1

i was sitting on the ground on my laptop

• Suspicious 1

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

i was sitting on the ground on my laptop

Why were you sitting on your laptop?

• Thinking 1
  • Appalled 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Why were you sitting on your laptop?

cause he can lol. Also @Echo this some good shit keep going m8.

• Agree 1

Nice work, not everyone realises what goes on behind the scenes and it is certainly nice to bring it to light.

Does Poseidon have its own machine? I thought we had a dedi with OVH.

• Thinking 1