Sign in to follow this  
William

More maps?

I cant help but feel like when monkey was manager we had more maps e.g simple, Profwhales maps, I cant think of any more except camel but there was more.

The map pool needs more diversity, rather than playing the same few maps.

• Dumb 1

Could you give maps that you think would be good rather then just stating there are none?

• Winner 1
  • Agree 1

office

TLDR: Want more maps? Suggest them and link them here rather than telling us we need more, make it easier for us to help the community 

It isn't easy to find decent maps on the one hand most are poorly optimised for the later versions of gmod which cause bad fps and crashes for some players, we have recently added some maps but due to finding issues with these maps and the playerbase in general just not liking them we have to remove them, rather than people complaining about having a lack of maps how about doing us a favour and testing some out and linking us to maps you want us to try with the relative link to said map, it takes a lot of time and effort to put maps on the server so by doing this you would be giving rahj a massive break and the opportunity to work on the other bugs we are experiencing, as far as I'm concerned attempting to fix the hit registration is more of an issue at this juncture than a lack of maps, 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Monkey said:

ADD SIMPLE BACK

20 hours ago, Echo said:

Could you give maps that you think would be good rather then just stating there are none?

Yeah, I probably should have done that Echo.

List:
SIMPLE!!!
I also liked coastline, I don't think Deusmask is a good idea because of spawn room exploit would be a pain in the ass for the staff to constantly tp or bring people.

Assault
Bank
Suburbia
Boston
Castle
Chaser
Community_Bowling
Craftroom
Crisis
Deadhouse
Digdown
District
Enclave
Forest
Goldenplixprison
Halo_Crysis
Innocent Hotel
Intergalactic
mc_Mineshaft
Medieval
Medival Castle
Metropolis (The old one)
Moonarbase
mw2_Terminal
OFFICE
rats kitchen
resident evil 2
Star
Templar
Trading
unatco
Vessel
Waterworld
Westwood

EDIT: Some of these might still be in the map pool but aren't played frequently. Also, it's weird but most of these maps were already in the pool but were removed.

Edited by William

The only maps I don't suggest adding are mw2 terminal since its easy to exploit, chaser is apparently incompatible with the latest version of gmod and don't really want to risk it breaking the server somehow and waterworld since apparently it breaks the server and some peoples games play up with it

I know for certain we have community bowling and templar

Hopefully these maps can be added shortly 

• Informative 1