Macroliminal

DarkRP - Unexpected Ban

G'day,

At about 7:30 this evening (10/05/2019) I was unexpectedly banned for supposed "DDOS threats" while AFK. Chances are that I might've said something as a joke, but I certainly don't recall saying anything along the lines of this.

I believe that I've been falsely banned, to say the least.

If one of you fellas would mind to look into this a bit that'd be appreciated,
Cheers.

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:48167469

SteamURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheRealSportacus

RpName: Smashed Avo

Capture.PNG

Huh

Well honestly I and a lot of other people were surprised in OOC when you got banned and it's not really something I would imagine you would do.. However I kinda wanna see what Majin will say if she reply's because apparently you and this other dude were threatening to DDOS some dude..

I don’t know man you are not the sort of Guy to DDOS the server. Or threaten. I’m very surprised and hope for some quick responses.

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Huh

Well honestly I and a lot of other people were surprised in OOC when you got banned and it's not really something I would imagine you would do.. However I kinda wanna see what Majin will say if she reply's because apparently you and this other dude were threatening to DDOS some dude..

Christ...well, I can assure you that I don't have the intention to do so.

I've been playing on Poseidon DarkRP for probably years now. I screw around on other servers, that's for sure, but I avoid doing it on Posideon, largely since it's one of the few servers I genuinely enjoy.

Don't worry, I'm as shocked as you are, haha ... DDOS might've slipped out somewhere as a joke. I don't remember anything of the sort, though.

Posted (edited)

Yeah i just saw this on the other appeal... Well on one hand, I wasn't in the situation and based of the video is wasn't excessive but It's still of course a threat and all
Neutral

Edited by Nick
for some reason i contradicted everything i said and wrote the wrong verdict

Posted (edited)

Fuck, didn't remember that...I guess I didn't really sound particularly sarcastic did I.

That's a fault upon my behalf, to be fair. It sort of slipped out. Of course, Didn't mean it in all seriousness. I owe the bloke a bit of an apology, might've given him a bit of a scare now that I think about it.

Should probably watch my tongue next time.

Edited by Macroliminal
  • Informative 1

Posted (edited)

Whilst I am well aware that DDOS threats, and potentially even jokes about DDOSing members of the community, need to be taken seriously and typically result in a permanent ban I don't believe you were being serious. It amounts to "Nobody likes you here mate, ya gonna get DDOSed" after dying in a raid, which doesn't seem to me like a tangible threat against the community or its members.

It is likely, I feel, that he said this in jest/sarcastically and meant no ill-will against the person involved.

I'd support an unban.

Edited by John Strange
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, John Strange said:

Whilst I am well aware that DDOS threats, and potentially even jokes about DDOSing members of the community, need to be taken seriously and typically result in a permanent ban I don't believe you were being serious. It amounts to "Nobody likes you here mate, ya gonna get DDOSed" after dying in a raid, which doesn't seem to me like a tangible threat against the community or its members.

It is likely, I feel, that he said this in jest/sarcastically and meant no ill-will against the person involved.

I'd support an unban.

After watching the video a few times, it's pretty clear that I didn't sound sarcastic...at all. I sounded like a complete asshole if anything. 
Fuck, aye, I honestly feel bad about saying that nobody likes him. Need to think a bit before I open my mouth. If I'm unbanned before the end of the night I'll be immediately rejoining and offering an apology to the guy.

Edited by Macroliminal

Posted (edited)

Like I said on the other appeal, it seems as if you had no intent to joke around which is why I permanently banned you. You were also building/prop blocking during a raid from what I can see in the video provided above. DDOS threats are highly taken seriously and people must be held accountable for their actions. I'm full in willing for a reduce but definitely not an unban.

Edited by Majin Goo
  • Agree 1