Sign in to follow this  
Rick Sout

Planning to make TTT maps with Poseidon in mind, looking for ideas, suggestions

Posted (edited)

I've made a couple of maps, only one is actually finished and uploaded, but I won't recommend it for the server since it's more of a practice map/joke map for friends.

Right now, I'm in the early stages of a building based around a few high-rise apartment-like buildings which will be connected across a street, with the map taking place high up and the street being a kill zone, which soudns similar to rooftops and in many ways is, but I plan to make it somewhat different anyway.

Whether or not I end up completing that map or scrapping it for a better idea, I was looking for suggestions on functionalities to add, criteria to keep in mind, and ideas for maps in general.

I'll give more detail as they're made and if there's any interest in this.

This is the previously mentioned map in case anyone wants to look, but it doesn't represent what I'm actually planning on making as much as it shows that I'm capable of using brushes and lighting to make something resembling a building.
 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350070986

Almost forgot, are people currently interested in more maps being added to the rotation? If not, I'll probably just make something anyway and use whatever criticism/advice is offered and continue working on this for myself. 

Edit: Nevermind, it's a space station.

Gif got compressed, but the level's in its early stages anyway. One of the main concepts I'm planning on using is allowing the strength of gravity to be changed in the control room seen in the background.

Edited by Rick Sout
  • Friendly 2
  • cutie 1

As ive discussed with you in game, try to take inspiration from other maps.

Depending on what route you plan to take when making your map is entirely up to you, if you're a type who enjoys making an easily accessible map, thats quick and fun for a large player base, take inspiration from ttt_skyscraper: this is a map that is basically just 3 levels of a giant building as the name implies, a few explosive barrels at the top, nothing to fancy at all.

For functionality you could look at ttt_67thway: Its a medium sized map with around 5 buildings and a undergrounds compartment with a Traitor room and a T tester, the reason this map works so well is the placement of the traitor room to the T tester as well as the teleports it provides to the traitor. It provides sniper advantage points and several places were you could kill someone and immediately disappear.

For all the maps ive played personally, you dont want a map too small like clue or too large and clunky like camel. And a map with enough lighting is a good map in my books. Functionality wise you do you.

Hope this helps bud.

• Friendly 1

8 hours ago, Rick Sout said:

We getting there bois

20190510003537_1.jpg

20190510003700_1.jpg

You’re doing good, I’m sure rahj will add them when they’re finished.

• Friendly 1

Posted (edited)

I'm doing a lot more than I'm showing, don't worry.

I fxed some stuff in the bar, and I figured this would be a good place for some community input.20190513174405_1.thumb.jpg.b40420695ca10bda8ee7785e32d2ef2c.jpg20190513174327_1.thumb.jpg.33961216ed9b538034f030a3c5f9c6be.jpg

Does anyone have any good ideas for:
A) a name for the station

B) a name for the station's bar

and C) a good song to play in the bar (you can see my shitty WIP stereo in the corner)

So far I'm thinking of using a royalty free loop or the Snoop Loop

20190513174304_1.jpg

edit: bonus .gif to show some of the map interactivity I'm trying to add
https://gfycat.com/finishednegligibleherald

Edited by Rick Sout

Coal'd One with the boys / Chug Chug Chug  - Bar (both train puns)

As long as it's not anime it's a good song 🙂

Looks good so far! You should consider putting up a WiP one on the workshop so we can check it out sometime.

• Friendly 1

4 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Coal'd One with the boys / Chug Chug Chug  - Bar (both train puns)

Not that I didn't have a near autism-level obsession with trains at one point in my life, but why?

Thanks daddy, I'll probably put something up when I've got most of the rooms down in some basic level, right now the map is this weird U shape and some of it's broken.

It's a bar near a train station c'mon expand your horizons chief.

• Winner 1

Posted (edited)

complex! just make complex again

Edited by 1080p Cat
  • Friendly 1
  • Suspicious 1

6 hours ago, Dusk said:

It's a bar near a train station c'mon expand your horizons chief.

Oh geez there was a miscommunication somewhere on what kind of station this is smt