Kaptian Core (Russ)

Should Parents Be Allowed To Not Vaccinate Their Child?

7 minutes ago, bat said:

Ah okay you're shitposting on a debate thread, thanks for making this easy for me.

Oh replying is now shitposting fuck

7 minutes ago, John Strange said:

Islam: Slightly more complicated. (1). There are numerous leaders within the community that believe vaccines to be permissible, as stated in the Dakar Declaration on Vaccination - https://afro.who.int/sites/default/files/2017-09/Religious Leaders Declaration.pdf

Catholicism: Has shown quite distinct support for it, with vaccines derived from descendant cells of aborted fetuses being the primary issue. There are alternatives to these, in most cases. Even in cases where are no alternatives, it is still morally permissible in Catholicism to use them as they are only very distantly related. See: The Moral Reflection On Vaccines by the Pontifical Academy for Life

Russian Orthodox: Acknowledges that vaccines are a main way of achieving progress. (1)

Jewish: Urges all parents to vaccinate their healthy children, as recommended by their healthcare professionals. (1)

Buddhist: More complicated. Generally, if the vaccine is derived from a form of life then its use may be debated. Early Buddhism wasn't faced with whether a fetus was a form of life, and as such it's up for debate whether fetus-derived vaccines are permissible. Buddhist teachings are fairly conservative. (1)

(1): Religious exception for vaccination or religious excuses for avoiding vaccination - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5141457/

Despite the fairly obvious shit-post I'll still respond to this. Deaths caused by vaccine-preventable diseases have dropped considerably. https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/deaths-caused-by-vaccine-preventable-diseases-over-time. If only other people achieved the level of physical Chadness that you have, we might find a cure for all diseases.

Edit:
For the "vaccines are for the weak" chads, just over 80% of the global population is vaccinated against Diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus, polio, measles, and hepatitis B3.

Don't know what world you come but theirs no science proving that we can cure 100% of diseases

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Osama Trump said:

Don't know what world you come but theirs no science proving that we can cure 100% of diseases

Indeed there isn't any science proving that we can cure 100% of diseases. Some will mutate and become something entirely different to what we currently can provide vaccinations for. That's why I provided a chart that notes how deaths due to Vaccine-preventable diseases have dropped considerably due to the introduction of vaccines. It's probably quite unlikely we'll ever be able to cure 100% of diseases, but we can markedly reduce the impact of the other 99% that can be prevented.

Edit:
- The two main points of that post was to give more context to the claim that people should be allowed to not vaccinate on religious reasons (which is unfounded in a number of the major world religions), and that vaccines do effectively reduce the death toll (and the impacts of) vaccine-preventable diseases (the number of diseases which we can prevent with vaccines is still growing).

Edited by John Strange

1 minute ago, John Strange said:

Indeed there isn't any science proving that we can cure 100% of diseases. Some will mutate and become something entirely different to what we currently can provide vaccinations for. That's why I provided a chart that notes how deaths due to Vaccine-preventable diseases have dropped considerably due to the introduction of vaccines. It's probably quite unlikely we'll ever be able to cure 100% of diseases, but we can markedly reduce the impact of the other 99% that can be prevented.

Does that 99% Include third world country's

1 minute ago, John Strange said:

Mutation is why you tend to need a new flu vaccine every year (if you receive them). You (Strange) probably already knew this but it's an interesting tidbit of info for others who don't know it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Osama Trump said:

Does that 99% Include third world country's

The 99% was an exaggeration that I pulled out of my ass to demonstrate the point that we can, and will continue to, provide vaccines and cures for diseases (there is a significant difference between a vaccine and a cure, though). These cures/vaccines can definitely include diseases found in third world countries, as they do already.

Just now, John Strange said:

The 99% was an exaggeration that I pulled out of my ass to demonstrate the point that we can, and will continue to, provide vaccines and cures for diseases (there is a significant difference between a vaccine and a cure, though). These cures/vaccines can definitely include diseases found in third world countries, as they do already.

Naaa man heard Marijuana cures alot of sicknesses.

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Osama Trump said:

Again, despite the shit-post this has some truth to it. Marijuana (cannabis) is already being studied for use in future medications. There are a number of chemicals in marijuana (cannabinoids) that are promising, and there are currently two FDA-approved pills that contain cannabinoids.

Feel free to read "The current state and future perspectives of cannabinoids in cancer biology" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852356/. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.

• Friendly 1

1 minute ago, Osama Trump said:

Yeahhh its also a renewable fuel source, Me and Elon Musk travelled to Mars and we only used about 8 kilograms of it to travel that far. Btw we fixed the Mars Rover Opportunity 

• Funny 1
  • hnnnngngngng 1

3 minutes ago, John Strange said:

Again, despite the shit-post this has some truth to it. Marijuana (cannabis) is already being studied for use in future medications. There are a number of chemicals in marijuana (cannabinoids) that are promising, and there are currently two FDA-approved pills that contain cannabinoids.

Feel free to read "The current state and future perspectives of cannabinoids in cancer biology" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852356/. I'm sure you'll find something interesting.

Cheers