Sign in to follow this  
Almond

Add Deploy S.W.A.T Feature

Posted (edited)

Your DarkRP Name: Chris Mango

Suggestion (general idea): Add an option for the Mayor  to 'Deploy SWAT'

Description of suggestion (expand on the idea): SWAT/Military/Special Forces aren't a regular thing you see in day to day city life. Which is why it shouldn't be a regular thing in RP. However situations do arise in where SWAT/National Guard/ Special Forces are required. Therefore, I propose a system in which the SWAT job is classed as 'off duty' until the Mayor activates them for RP purposes such as a hardened base raid, martial law, riot, assassination attempts, PD raid, et cetera. Off duty SWAT would be armed and would look like regular police until activated. Once SWAT is activated, players can receive their equipment (and model) and perform what is required. This could be done similarly to the lockdown system where the mayor does something such as /activateswat (reason) and then that reason is shown in a notification to the server. In order to prevent the Mayor from activating SWAT permanently, a debuff could be added where either: a cap is added to reputation such as 60% to make it easier for the Mayor to be recalled if he slips up, or, reputation is lost periodically to simulate growing unrest, climaxing in a recall. To stop a loophole in where someone could go Mayor, activate SWAT and then change roles, SWAT may only be active when A: there is a Mayor and B: SWAT is activated.

How it will benefit the server: This will benefit the server by adding realism to it as SWAT are usually just regular officers until they are called into action for special operations. Yes, this will break Nick's heart but what is more important, your killing boner, or realism?

Edited by Almond
Taken feedback into play
  • Agree 6
  • Dumb 1
  • Thinking 2

+1 this would enhance Mayor RP so much, and I think would make gang rp and government rp in general more interesting and fun!

+1 I heavily Agree with everything been said. But here is my solution for it being locked

Offduty SWAT. 

Offduty Guardsmen

Etc.

While Swat is locked you can still join it. But you will not have access to the playermodels or the things given to the Job. It will show on the top that you are off duty, and on standby for the Mayors/Presidents orders to be “Activated” 

This means you can secure your job but not have access or be able to enforce anything. The only thing you can do is 

1: (SWAT) Remain in then PD for assembling orders

2: (Army National Guard) Await in a “F.O.B” for mobilisation orders from the Mayor/President 

Once activated you have just secured your job slot and now have received all your gear and uniforms and are ready to serve the Mayors Orders.

I love this! And I hope it is added!

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Nick Bean said:

+1 I heavily Agree with everything been said. But here is my solution for it being locked

Offduty SWAT. 

Offduty Guardsmen

Etc.

While Swat is locked you can still join it. But you will not have access to the playermodels or the things given to the Job. It will show on the top that you are off duty, and on standby for the Mayors/Presidents orders to be “Activated” 

This means you can secure your job but not have access or be able to enforce anything. The only thing you can do is 

1: (SWAT) Remain in then PD for assembling orders

2: (Army National Guard) Await in a “F.O.B” for mobilisation orders from the Mayor/President 

Once activated you have just secured your job slot and now have received all your gear and uniforms and are ready to serve the Mayors Orders.

I love this! And I hope it is added!

Maybe there is a set FOB or all swat and they can rest and relax there?

• Thinking 1

Just now, THE_DIZ said:

Maybe there is a set FOB or all swat and they can rest and relax there?

Maybe. But effort would need to be put in, in order to have a Specific location for them. 

I really like this. For once people might be intimidated by the Moblisation of the National Guard and people would think “shit must be going down for these guys to be here”

People will soon start be to frightened and intimidated by SWAT. or ANG. Just like Real Life.

• Agree 2

+1 | I have been saying this for ages now

Going off of Nick's suggestion, I suggest that the off duty slots look and act like regular police until activated. Perhaps they could retrieve all their SWAT weapons and gear from the armoury once activated. In order to make this more worth it and intimidating , SWAT may be equipped with and can acquire more kevlar than regular players, similar to that one Juggernaut idea that was on here at some point. 

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Almond said:

Going off of Nick's suggestion, I suggest that the off duty slots look and act like regular police until activated. Perhaps they could retrieve all their SWAT weapons and gear from the armoury once activated. In order to make this more worth it and intimidating , SWAT may be equipped with and can acquire more kevlar than regular players, similar to that one Juggernaut idea that was on here at some point. 

For the more on stand by look. I was thinking they would look like Citizens.

1 minute ago, Nick Bean said:

For the more on stand by look. I was thinking they would look like Citizens.

Real SWAT are just regular Police when not doing SWAT things, if you mean completely off-duty, its a bit redundant since there isn't really breaks in this game. If you mean ANG, I dont think a model change is warranted if its only going to be used by like 2 people.

• Agree 1