- Dark RP Name: Fryer Tuck

- Suggestion: Insurance policy

- Description of suggestion:

- A high end investment for player who have excessive amounts of money in their wallet and want to pay large sums to be lazy.

- This system could work in a fashion where you interact with a NPC to take out cover which will last till you turn if off costing you 'x' amount each time you die.

- This could be a modular system where you opt in and out of certain cover where you only pay for what you want, costing you 'x' amount for each thing you want cover for, ammo, attachments, weapons (if possible could make weapons their own individual item to insure), etc... 

- For price evaluation we could add all policy's individual prices then multiply them but your policy count +1 then divided by 2

(policy prices added) * (policy count + 1) / 2

e.g. let ammo cost 10k and attachments cost 25k

(10k + 25k) * (2+1) / 2 = 52.5k

This would make the price for opting into more cover exponentially large for the more you want, meaning if you want coverage for all items this will set you back a extremely large amount of money in comparison to only one option as it should be. (I personally feel like that prices shouldn't get cheaper for the more you opt into, as this is optional and only for ease of life, this also is to waste the money of people who have extremely large portions and are breaking the economy.

- Side Note: A potential option when respawning saying if you want to claim or not as sometimes you dont want to have to pay a large amount of money when you dont need nor want you items back.  This can also act as a failsafe for people who are getting constantly RDM'ed from having their wallets emptied on the spot as they have no excuse and can always not claim their policy

- How it will benefit the server: This does remove some RP if people utilise this but in return it does remove large amounts of money from the economy and potentially keeping it steady. I feel this would also be beneficial to players as they may find this ease of use feature a much better alternative to having to try and hunt down a  gun dealer and hope that they will sell what they want to them and all the other issues which you do have with new gundealers and just out right bad gun dealers can be avoided for a price.

• Agree 1
  • hnnnngngngng 1
  • jimmy 2

1 minute ago, Kaptian Core (Russ) said:

I like the idea seems good for saving money +1 as long as printers are not available for insurance 

This idea was mainly for weapons, not printers or nothing, but i guess they could be incorporated if that is what people want but i dont like that idea

• Agree 1

I think you made your point quite vaguely, but from what I gather,

You purchase 'Insurance' off an NPC, and you can choose what items are covered (Guns, printers etc). If something happens to you, or those items, the insurance can give you money as compensation for the loss. 

The price of your insurance cover is made larger, depending on how many items you wish to cover, and you gave this nice equation; (10k + 25k) * (2+1) / 2 = 52.5k 

I wasn't really able to follow how you proposed this equation works, The base amount of the goods is multiplied by a 'policy count' then divided by 2. You didn't really explain the reasoning of this.

-------------------------------

The core idea sounds ok, I mean, you buy insurance and then you can be compensated for items lost. But I'm concerned about the programming difficulties behind this proposed method, and How and if players will use it.

Police don't need to buy insurance, their equipment is free. So the only people wanting this would be criminals with weapon shipments and campers hiding away with printers. 

Either way, a Thief could sit around the insurance NPC and wait for someone to approach, then follow them back to their base and rob their stuff, since visiting the NPC Confirms you have valuables you want to insure. 

Nowadays Gangs arn't that common and when they are, they usually buy 1, maybe 2 shipments, and the weapons are mostly equipped by the Gang, which leaves like 4 or 5 left in total sitting in the base. Gang members might die so they might come back to get more, the amount of guns actually stored by a Gang is going to be rather small most of the time, is where I'm getting at.

Is that worth paying almost double the price to insure? I mean, not really. 

Printer farmers will usually make their money back from buying the printers, and so won't care much for insurance, especially if visiting the NPC makes them a target.

-------------------------------

My verdict is, Good Idea, but not so practical for DarkRP. The only practical situation would be when you purchase a large number of Gun shipments all at once and you want to insure them incase they are stolen or what not. Which is quite a rare situation.

For the hassle that coding this might be, and the lack of practiality, I'm gonna give this a -1, but good idea on paper.

1 hour ago, Araxamas said:

- snip -

I know my proposal was a bit vague, but just want to clarify a couple things which i didnt really explain.

The part of the equation where i said ( policy count +1 )  / 2  (policy count being each thing you want to cover, gun1, gun2, attachments,etc...) was a multiplier for the cover you have, increasing it exponentially for the more things you cover.

And for the other part i was thinking of more you only get to cover things on you (guns attachments and ammo) at the time of death, not shipments in your pockets, printers in your base or nothing. Sorry that i didnt clarify some things in my post.

And for people going to the NPC with thieves camping this wouldnt be a issue of items being in someones base as it wouldnt cover it, only as what i stated above. Thus leaving thieves no reason to camp. 

And for it not being worth it, this isnt meant to be a thing which people want to buy cause its cheap, but cause its just easy and cause they have spare funds laying around.