Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Which Australian political party will you be voting for at the next Federal Election.

Recommended Posts

Just now, ExplodeThePenguins said:

Wouldn't that mean capitalism would fail for the same reason, greed?

... its exactly why it works

you have it entirely backwards

  • hnnnngngngng 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yinmaester8 said:

... its exactly why it works

you have it entirely backwards

Sorry I'm just a dumb libtard trying to understand both sides and their problems.

 

A thing I wanted to add to the thread, climate change. Where as trixie said Nuclear power is a good option just in general which is good for the climate in the short term, but as coal its gonna run out eventually. There needs to be more renewable sources and I don't want to vote for a party that completely blamed the use of renewables causing the SA blackout which is the same party that doesn't have a renewable energy plan and had a deputy PM who had an affair during his time in office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yinmaester8 said:

Why is everyone getting their nuts in a knot over heinz saying democracy is inneffective? it literally is

The entire essence of democracy excludes minorities

e,g nazi germany

"hey, what do we think of all these jews"

 

This is why america's system wasnt designed as a democracy, and rather a constitutional republic

Minorities voices actually get heard, and with california and new york being an EXTREMELY large part of the country, in a democracy their votes alone would be enough to sway an entire election

 

Democracy is a bad system. 

people are getting their nuts in a knot over heinz supporting fucking fascism. America is a democracy. Democracy is much broader than you think it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ExplodeThePenguins said:

Sorry I'm just a dumb libtard trying to understand both sides and their problems.

 

A thing I wanted to add to the thread, climate change. Where as trixie said Nuclear power is a good option just in general which is good for the climate in the short term, but as coal its gonna run out eventually. There needs to be more renewable sources and I don't want to vote for a party that completely blamed the use of renewables causing the SA blackout which is the same party that doesn't have a renewable energy plan and had a deputy PM who had an affair during his time in office.

Someone hasn't done their research on Nuclear Energy, nor renewable. 🙂

I have done 2 academic essays and 1, 15minute presentation on it and read many books. I recommend this book if you are interested. Unless you want to continue being naive.

2-seeing-the-light_cropped.jpg.a2de2710bfae6511696e4d4058afddee.jpg

 

4 hours ago, ExplodeThePenguins said:

Wouldn't that mean capitalism would fail for the same reason, greed?

There are guidelines that come with capitalism that prevents it from failing as soon as it is implemented. All ideologies look good on paper. 99% of them just don't work, or work poorly, like capitalism and socialism.

Edited by Trixie Mattel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Minoru Suzuki said:

people are getting their nuts in a knot over heinz supporting fucking fascism. America is a democracy. Democracy is much broader than you think it is.

>its a constitutional republic
 

  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yinmaester8 said:

>its a constitutional republic
 

They aren't mutually exclusive. It isn't a direct democracy, but it's very much a representative one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Minoru Suzuki said:

They aren't mutually exclusive. It isn't a direct democracy, but it's very much a representative one.

"tHaTs NOt ReAL DemOCRacY"

its not a representative democracy, because the representatives are bound by the rules surrounding the constitution, and don't have the power to overrule the constitution as an elected representative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 10:18 AM, yinmaester8 said:

communism failed because its communism u liberal

humans are greedy by nature, we strive to improve ourselves consistently

communism doesnt work for this exact reason

2

sorry i didn't write a thesis but 

you're preaching to a high choir 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, ExplodeThePenguins said:

Wouldn't that mean capitalism would fail for the same reason, greed?

when a company gets greedy the free market allows the customers to purchase from a different brand meaning the greedy company will fail. see EA and so 

without capitalism all consumers would have to purchase from a single company which can afford to be greedy because the consumers have no where else to go

  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, yinmaester8 said:

"tHaTs NOt ReAL DemOCRacY"

its not a representative democracy, because the representatives are bound by the rules surrounding the constitution, and don't have the power to overrule the constitution as an elected representative

being bound to the constitution doesn't mean it isn't a representative democracy

representative democracy means that the people pick someone to represent them, which they do in elections

 

and elected representatives can overrule the constitution in a constitution amendment clause

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×