Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm

Which Australian political party will you be voting for at the next Federal Election.

(BTW if you are not eligible to vote yet, it really doesn't matter, just voice your voting preference as if you were able to vote)

Personally I am not quite sure, this is the first election I am eligible to vote for, and whilst I supported the Liberal-National Coalition under Malcolm Turnbull, I am not so convinced by Scott Morrison's leadership, or the present state of the party. This is largely due to the fact that the party has swung further to the right than I personally comfortable with, resulting in poor action on climate change, poor action with the respect to the refugees on Nauru and Manus Island amongst a whole host of other issues. While they have managed to bring us back to a budget surplus (or rather are projected to do so), the importance of which cannot be understated, I find this alone although significant not strong enough to sway my discontent with the Coalition. For me, this achievement does not usurp the significance of other pressing issues. 

I am not too sure about the Labor party either. Sure some of their social policies are attractive and would benefit many Australians, however some are simply not economically feasible, or even viable Australia as a nation. However, they appear to be much more united than the Liberal-National Coalition and I am almost tempted to swing to their favour.

All the other parties are far too extreme for me. Pauline Hanson's One Nation believes that resolving the complex issue of immigration can be resolved by just shutting the gates to people who just so happen to be part of a particular religious tradition, and the Greens have beyond ambitious climate targets as well as poor foreign and defence policies.

That's just my view though, who do you think you would or will vote for, and why.

Edited by Malcolm
  • Informative 1

The reason why the Labor Party has always appealed to me as they have done policies which benefit the unions and therefore a high percentage of the population as most of Australia's population aren't owners or executives of large companies.

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

Politicians here in Australia are fucked and only care for their own interests, but since it is compulsory I'd vote for anyone who would cause the least damage to Australia since the Australian Government's job is to look after Australia not destroy it. But I won't have to worry about it this year because I just miss out on the elections.

I'm not Australian, but I hope you vote for someone that actually cares about your nation.

Edited by Blue Admiral

The Australian Conservatives is the only party that i can see, that will save this country and give it a future. And not turn it into a laughing stock like the rest of the EU has turned into.

Anyone that will be voting for Liberal or Labor has a brain the size of a greens party member. Here's why....

Labor (who will win the next election) is a centrist government that time after time, fucks up every time they are elected into power... just like the Liberals. There main standing point and ideology is

1. An Equal Treatment of Women.... Yet there is already an equal treatment of women in Australia, in fact there is an unfair advantage if you are a woman in Australia, this is evident when there was a ban on men into the Australian army in 2017 to boost women's number. Also women still have a higher preference in the Australian army in 2019. What this should be is an equal treatment of everyone.

2. National Disability Insurance Scheme... Labor will increase funding to the NDIS from 8bil to 22bil. The labor gov try play this out as a good thing. But what they are doing is outsourcing the NDIS, privatising it meaning Australians will lose their jobs and forefingers will be given these jobs. The current 2000 Aus staff will stay employed. But now this opens gates for 5000 foreigners to receive a job. In other words, disabled people will be receiving more support but this isn't even a big change this is labor trying to go "hey we are good cause we help the mentally retarded which is 0.001% of the population." Because you know, we need to show that your new taxes are going to a greater cause! Which is not in the general interest of Australians.

3. Penalty rates... All this says is, "i won't cut penalty rates". That's literally it. That's their 3 main talking points, you know they aren't really going to do anything to better the country. Except shake the hands of a few single mothers with kids in wheel chairs.

Also don't forget that these two major parties recieve donations from big giant corporations like Westfield Corporations, Urban developers like Randazzo C&G Developments, Macquarie Teelcom, Woodside Energy (which is a petroleum exploration and production company even though labour go on and on and on about how much they want renewable energy), ANZ bank and from some random Chinese person called "Ying Zhou." But you know, just put these people in charge of your country! They only care about the interest of Australian people... right?

Whereas the Aus Conservatives focus on

But you know, why even bother writing shit like this. Labor is going to fucking win, i hate this stupid country.

P.S. Even Clive Palmers United Australian Party is better than Liberal/Labor

• Friendly 3
  • Informative 2
  • Suspicious 1

6 hours ago, Trixie Mattel said:

Sign me the fuck up

• Winner 1
  • Good Idea! 1
  • Agree 2

There are 3 parties on my list that I may vote for when I can.

• Australian Conservatives
  • United Australia Party (unless the Australian Conservatives gives the same promises as they do)
  • Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party (Unless the Australian Conservatives gives the same promises as they do)

Australian Conservatives appeal me because they don't want all of this stupid lefty shit happening and focus on real issues, plus nuclear power which is a good choice because we hold 1/3rd of the world's uranium. Plus they are passionately anti-corruption.

United Australia Party appeal me because Clive Palmer wants to stop China from buying out Australia.

And finally the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party because I want to own a gun on my property incase the country goes to shit in 50-100 years.

So if the Australian Conservatives want to stop China from buying Australian land, Clive Palmer's party is out of the equation. And if they support having guns then Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party are out of the equation as well. @Trixie Mattel do you know if the Australian Conservatives want to stop China from owning Australian land? And if they support people owning guns in their homes for self-defence?

Edited by Heinzrich Beanler

I refuse to vote so no one.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I refuse to vote so no one.

it's compulsory to vote wether you like it or not otherwise it is $20 fine out of your pocket. So you gotta pick someone, just a friendly advice don't pick the greens

41 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I've boycotted electoralism so none.

You know you can get fined for that in Australia. Still rather people get fined than have them vote lib/lab

1 hour ago, Heinzrich Beanler said:

There are 3 parties on my list that I may vote for when I can.

• Australian Conservatives
  • United Australia Party (unless the Australian Conservatives gives the same promises as they do)
  • Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party (Unless the Australian Conservatives gives the same promises as they do)

Australian Conservatives appeal me because they don't want all of this stupid lefty shit happening and focus on real issues, plus nuclear power which is a good choice because we hold 1/3rd of the world's uranium. Plus they are passionately anti-corruption.

United Australia Party appeal me because Clive Palmer wants to stop China from buying out Australia.

And finally the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party because I want to own a gun on my property incase the country goes to shit in 50-100 years.

So if the Australian Conservatives want to stop China from buying Australian land, Clive Palmer's party is out of the equation. And if they support having guns then Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party are out of the equation as well. @Trixie Mattel do you know if the Australian Conservatives want to stop China from owning Australian land? And if they support people owning guns in their homes for self-defence?

Hahahahaha, that's the exact same 3 i was going to vote for. In that order though, as Clive likes foreign Chinese investors like the liberal and labor government and will accept them with open arms which is my main problem with this country. Funny thing is, the Chinese own an Australian airport in Perth. Meaning that if i wanted to fly my plane into their airport, i would need Chinese permission. I think we were the first country to do this which is absolutely horrendous. I recommend reading Clive Hamilton's book called 'Silent Invasion.'

And yeah i can't find what Australian Conservatives stance is on gun control. I should probs find out what it is as i do own 2 guns already. Also, if shit does hit the fan in 50 years, everyone in Australia that has a gun is on a registry. So that mean, if some dictator got into power he can just load up that registry. And woop, just like that all the gun owners are gone. Convenient. Isn't it?

I also like the shooters party but they took a bribe last year to vote for the brumby bill. If you don't know about brumbys (which are feral animals), they are running rampant in the snowy mountains. Destroying the environment via land degradation, breeding too fast and killing other species of animals. But this bill made it so brumbys would become protected wildlife, and the Aus shooters party received a donation of a couple hundred thousand, and then passed this bill. Knowing what it would do to the environment. The RSPAC also said there needs to be a culling of brumbys in the snowy mountains, as they are destroying wildlife. And as a shooter who has never been hunting before, i know how important hunting is. So this party who's main focus is hunting and fishing can't act stupid and pretend they didn't realise what the brumbys were doing to the environment.

Edited by Trixie Mattel