Cuddles

My Thoughts On Jailbreak

Hey, My Name Is Cuddles, although that was not my name when I played JB. I went by a lot of names, the earliest being Cola and a few of the most notable being Rick Grimes, SirLagsAlot, Graphic and Polar Bear/Panda Bear. My name, however, is not important.Since the odds of Jail Break's return are looking grim, I wanted to give my thoughts. I first bought Garry's Mod on the 9th of January, 2014, Jail Break being the first game mode I ever played. To this day, the way Jail Break and Poseidon was back then was the greatest experience I've ever had with video gaming. I have nothing but the fondest memories for not only the gamemode itself but also the community. The people is what made Poseidon great for me, people like R.E.L, Pedal, Roku, Bag Anal (Before He Massied) and so many more that I have since forgotten the names of. This, however, does not mean I look on Poseidon Jail Break with rose-tinted glasses. I have seen Jail Break at its best, but I've also seen it at its worst. It was sad sitting in Jail Break alone in the days after it was announced that it would be closing due to inactivity, but what was even sadder to me was a few years ago, when I came back to Jail Break after quite a long break and saw none of the old regulars. The people I knew and enjoyed playing with were now replaced with awful wardens who displayed little to no originality and a plethora of squeaky children. (Granted, I was and still am one of those, but I mean, at least I had been playing for 3-4 years prior.) I thought that losing all of those folks would kill the server, and to some extent it did. Many argue that losing the manager was what lead to its decrease in players and eventual death, and I believe that there is truth in that too.  That being said, I believe that there is still hope for Jail Break. The times after my return weren't all bad, as the server rose and fell time and time again, but one of the better experiences I had was when Warden+ was introduced and people like Napoleon, Charcoal Dorito, ExplodeThePenguins, Carrot, Lizzy and Hunter were regulars. Jail Break was in a relatively good place at this time. That was without all of the old people who made my experience great. I'm not saying it was perfect, but it was proof that Jail Break can function again. With the possibility of a revival is also a chance to start fresh, to get a new manager and new players, along with some old ones who can make Jailbreak just as good. It will take time, but I believe that with the opportunity and the backing Poseidon Jail Break can be just as fun as it was all those years ago, if not more fun, especially with how established and thriving Poseidon is now. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know alot of it isn't expressed very well, It was hard to put all of my thoughts in to a chunk of text and to be honest I wrote most of it in between making wine in DarkRP. I want a revival of Jail Break, but I also want it to be done right. I understand that there are a lot of factors and challenges that contradict it's revival, but I truly believe that it is possible.

-Cuddles

20160924191857_1.jpg

• Friendly 4
  • Winner 1

I almost cried because of the memories we've had and how fun the gamemode can be. Please whom ever it may be, please at the bottom of your heart bring back this amazing experience known as jailbreak.

Also thanks for the mention ❤️

Edited by ExplodeThePenguins
  • Friendly 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ExplodeThePenguins said:

I almost cried because of the memories we've had and how fun the gamemode can be. Please whom ever it may be, please at the bottom of your heart bring back this amazing experience known as jailbreak.

Also thanks for the mention ❤️

Look at this fucking need crying over a video game server!!!! The chances of jailbreak getting revived is a hit or miss opportunity and it has been said attempted I want to say 2 times prior to this, and I honestly think it’ll just suffer the same fate as it once had, but with that being said there’s always that possibility/chance of it coming back but in my opinion that’s very small. No matter what there’ll always be a small group of people that want to see their favourite gamemode thrive again as it has been (as you have said) their best and first experience of Garrys Mod; now that isn’t a bad thing but there’s some things that a lot of people lose interest in or move onto other games or whatever.

• Dumb 4
  • Suspicious 1
  • hnnnngngngng 2

Posted (edited)

Hey, you obviously know who it is, Lag. I couldn't agree with you more, same for ExplodeThePenguins.

Since I left JailBreak, and since everyone left JailBreak, I have moved on to Counter-Strike surfing and b-hopping, I always look back at the times that we all had so much fun, playing Snowy Nights, Ryeboy98 killing a team of 19 guards in New Summer, for god's sake, the holy !gagplebs command that Pedil, Spooky Skellington, and Danny would use. 4Chan Party Vans discussions, nearly everything that made JailBreak special, I miss all of it. It went away too fast.

I may not have been the most loved person in the server, but I had an amazing time playing that server.

If we could bring JailBreak back, that would mean the world to me, thanks for bringing it out of the water.

Edited by JonnyBoy
  • Friendly 3

Posted (edited)

WE NEED TO BRING BACK JAILBREAK.......

No but seriously I've had way too much memories on Jailbreak, bring it back the best way you can ;D.

Edited by MariosMillion
  • Friendly 1

Yes brudda remember like when Pedil was manager and Danny or even way back in like 2014 when Destro ran it all and Kony2012 was round so was BillNye, Sammmmy, Silm, JohnnyThunder all the mad bois bruh going through the wall above the top row of cells when warden opened the cells on summer v2 like memories ay