yinmaester8

Should Australia have the right to bear arms?

I don't want to live in a society where it'll be like America.

8 minutes ago, remix said:

I don't want to live in a society where it'll be like America.

Define "like America"

1 minute ago, yinmaester8 said:

Define "like America"

Just a lot of shootings happening, there's no need to Define it, when you hear about a shooting every week 

You can already obtain gun licenses in Australia, guns aren't entirely banned. It's a long process but even a kid can join a rifle club and get a Beretta and a Winchester shotty (I've checked). So yes, we already do have the right to bear arms but we need the government's trust and have to work hard to achieve that status for ourselves individually.

17 minutes ago, Yuki 🌺 said:

idk about you guys but people with bear arms seems pretty scary, I think this is a hard pass for me

God you're so funny!

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 4
  • Traumatising 1

In a Port Arthur cafe in 1996, a man pulled out a semi-automatic rifle and killed 35 people, wounding 23 more. As a response to this tragedy, Australia restricted the purchase of firearms, and bought back 660 959 guns from Australian citizens. Australia, objectively, has been far better off in terms of firearm-related crimes since new legislation took effect, seeing drastically lowered gun-related assaults, homicides, accidental deaths, and suicides. Not to fear monger, but if private individuals were to have easier access to firearms, we could very well be in a situation similar to the US, where gun violence is a common occurrence. I'm quite happy with our current gun laws.

• Dumb 2
  • Suspicious 1

Yes we should have guns, the media pushes an anti-gun rhetoric big time. The United States are actually dealing with gun crime more believe it or not, but Switzerland is very good and as a matter of fact, Switzerland's gun crime has lowered in the past few decades actually, I highly recommend you visit this site, it gives you good statistics on gun stockpiles and death rates in each country,
https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/switzerland

Say for example someone is breaking into your house and wanting to kill you and your family so they can steal your shit, I would not want police to come 10 minutes later after the incident I would rather have a firearm on me to protect myself from intruders than police showing up 10 mins later with me and my family dead.

If you ban guns people will find more ways to kill people, say for example chemicals, blades, etc. I think it should be no more than a semi-automatic, I am not comfortable with civilians owning an automatic, semi-auto (at the max) I am fine with.

Now with the United States

600x-1.jpg

The US are reporting more gun crime due to increase of technology on logistics which means easier to report the crime so as a matter of fact they are more taking it to account and dealing with it better and more ghettos are being established (Detroit is an excellent example) not to mention they are consist of a population of 329.2 million people. The media just hypes shit up like anti-gun rhetoric for fear and money.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1