Sign in to follow this  
Larko

Make PropHunt better?

For those people who simply don't care or who have not been on PropHunt in the past month then don't comment on this thread because it is seriously just not needed.

About a month ago Blaze helped me put a new PropHunt game mode on which came with a shit ton of good stuff like new HUD and taunts and stuff. We sometimes do get people on but not as much as we could if it was made better.

So anyone that sincerely cares about PropHunt comment on this thread about what you think we could do better.

(Any shitposting and I will remove the post and warn you.)

• Friendly 1

Look, i used to be an avid fan of pro hunt. the most common thing i noticed is the Servers that where doing well (usually american) are either Vanilla / with or without CS:S or simply have a small selection of maps of their favourites. 

Another thing I've also noticed is that even during peak times in america, there isn't really that many servers populated like there used to be, and the same goes for Prop Hunt. 
What i'm trying to get at is that most servers have all tried the same things with more maps = longer downloads.  Look at the server lists and almost no servers that aren't american have a Vanilla Version. 

Now, Don't get me wrong, This is only what i loved from prop hunt servers and other people will obviously be different but it something to start with: A Vanilla Server With or without CS:S (i loved it with)
once people are in the server you can then have them use an !dl command or such to be able to get the skins, this is what happened with me the first time i played Prop hunt and i had no issue with it because i was literally playing the game while it downloaded and after 2 games, i just refreshed and was good to go.

Also another possible addition would be to leech from Poseidon itself. Leech in the way i'm saying is less about stealing, but sharing the population by Sharing the Point shop system Globally throughout the server. here are the main reasons why this is a great idea:

1. Poseidon DarkRP could have a point shop where you earn points (slowly af) but cant use such points in this game, from here players who enjoy darkRP can earn points for other servers without grinding. literally just by playing. IF they wanted to try a new server, their points would be the same from TTT, Prop hunt, Murder (Pretty much anything with point shop) etc. the same can be done with TTT going to prop hunt or Murder going to TTT etc.  

2. Double Triple Points Weekend/day:  Basically randomly through the year Certain game modes will be broadcasted through the Steam group Event and on forums, that games are doing 2x PS. the perk of this is that if a server is slowly dying down again, you can offer DOUBLE the the Points and get everyone over to your server. 

3. You begin to make a community that plays all different games in Garry's mod stay within Poseidon by having all game modes using the same Point shop meaning if they get bored of DarkRP, they can go play prop hunt or TTT and likewise.  To even this out, points over the server would need to pay out the same (Minus DarkRP because its literally earn with no spend) and have items last a year or something, so after 365 days its gone.  

Hopefully some of these ideas will come in handy because prop hunt was a great game and i would love to see it busy again

• Friendly 2
  • Winner 1

Hey @revolt| Mr Lispy sorry for the late reply, I have been meaning to sit down and form a good reply, I just have not had time to or I have forgotten.

Prophunt does have a pointshop that is integrated with jailbreak, murder and possible cinema. 

The double triple points is a great idea I am just not sure if many people care that much about cosmetics and point stuff. I understand where you are coming from the incentive part, its just I don't think many people will get behind it.

I have tried to keep the server as VANILLA as possible which is why when you join the download is very small, one of the largest things is probably the taunts to be honest. Thanks for the suggestions though my friend and I will look into that vanilla problem and try to reduce the file size even more.

Posted (edited)

My most memorable times on Prop Hunt was playing on those CS:S maps. There is so many ways to hide yourself in plain sight. 

Although, trying to keep the server 'Vanilla' takes away from the pointshop aspect. Having these custom hunter skins is what most people will be striving towards getting (On an old server i used to play we had all of the Eevee models, WoW models and so forth) You have the freedom to add any models you want, as they do not have any affect on gameplay at all considering props cannot fight back so having shitty hitboxes on Models will not affect anything.  Go wild and go crazy as it will spark interest of players and keep them coming back to get something cool.

Potentially introducing the idea of custom taunts for high-tier donators? 

I think one of the coolest things in TTT is the XP menu and Medal system. I would highly recommend at least dragging the XP system over (If it is already on there, apologizes) and maybe creating custom Medals for both props and hunters. Although probably impossible to code, having separate XP levels for both Hunter and Prop would be cool.

Big fan of the double point weekends and what not to encourage more people to play.

Edited by Dusk
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1

19 hours ago, Larko said:

Hey @revolt| Mr Lispy sorry for the late reply, I have been meaning to sit down and form a good reply, I just have not had time to or I have forgotten.

Prophunt does have a pointshop that is integrated with jailbreak, murder and possible cinema. 

The double triple points is a great idea I am just not sure if many people care that much about cosmetics and point stuff. I understand where you are coming from the incentive part, its just I don't think many people will get behind it.

I have tried to keep the server as VANILLA as possible which is why when you join the download is very small, one of the largest things is probably the taunts to be honest. Thanks for the suggestions though my friend and I will look into that vanilla problem and try to reduce the file size even more.

AWESOME also the auto taunt is the most annoying fucking thing in existance

• Friendly 3

3 hours ago, revolt| Mr Lispy said:

AWESOME also the auto taunt is the most annoying fucking thing in existance

Yikes. Auto taunt is a terrible idea. I enjoy staying as the default Kliner model or use super large props in stupid places. There is no reason for taunting to go off when I am literally a T-pose on top of a lightpost on cs_assault. 

Making taunting on a hotkey that gives you points or XP for using them and completing the taunt without dying or something like that. Auto taunt would honestly make me disconnect from the server instantly. 

• Winner 1

On 8/22/2018 at 11:39 AM, revolt| Mr Lispy said:

Poseidon DarkRP could have a point shop where you earn points (slowly af) but cant use such points in this game, from here players who enjoy darkRP can earn points for other servers without grinding. literally just by playing. IF they wanted to try a new server, their points would be the same from TTT, Prop hunt, Murder (Pretty much anything with point shop) etc. the same can be done with TTT going to prop hunt or Murder going to TTT etc.  

+1