Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Separate Section For Staff
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM by Finn.)

This topic is in general discussion, so feel free to share your blatant opinion on this topic. Please no shitposting <3

If you scroll down to the bottom of the forum page you can see the Menu section, this holds 4 subsections, Forum staff, Contact Us, Lite mode and RSS syndication.

I suggest adding a 5th sub section, this section will be called Server Staff (It'l be under Forum team). Now we had something like this on the old forums, except it was in form of a link posted by lantos, and was regularly updated depending on who staffed a specific server, their rank etc. 

It could probably even be like the Forum team, where you have their profile names from the forums, or something like that. The reason for this is a easier access to let people whos staffing what server and what their rank is, as well as a link to their forum profile. (@Freaky, @Tyger)

Questions that might be asked in this thread:

"But Higashi, why do you need this when you can just goto the staff list? Its like 4 clicks away?" Fair point my friend, but this may remove the need for stafflists altogether, the list will be moderated by the forum team and the managers of those specific servers, its what most other communitys have, and I think it would be a nice addition.

"We could be focussing on more pressing matters Higashi." That is also true my friend, but I believe we're chipping away at alot of things, plus this is just a suggestion as well as a discussion.

Cheers, Higashi.

TTT: Moderator | Ex-Super Admin
Prophunt: Moderator
Murder: Veteran |  Ex-Senior Admin
Cinema: Senior Admin
DarkRP: Trusted | Ex-Moderator/Trial Mentor
ImperialRP: Ex-Moderator

I disagree, I honestly can’t be fucked editing something like that.

I am a born idiot.

Murder Manager
TTT Community Manager
Breach manager????

(07-12-2018, 12:34 PM)Monkey Wrote: I disagree, I honestly can’t be fucked editing something like that.

I agree with you, You cant even be fucked editing your own staff list <3

If you cant be assed to do it, then the other forum team will do it. Easy peasy?

(07-12-2018, 12:37 PM)Finn Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:34 PM)Monkey Wrote: I disagree, I honestly can’t be fucked editing something like that.

If you cant be assed to do it, then the other forum team will do it. Easy peasy?

BUt like, it’s goijg to be updated daily, doubt any management or forum staff will be editing, staff lists are 100x better and easier. You just need to link the steam profile to The name

I am a born idiot.

Murder Manager
TTT Community Manager
Breach manager????

(07-12-2018, 12:39 PM)Monkey Wrote:

BUt like, it’s goijg to be updated daily, doubt any management or forum staff will be editing, staff lists are 100x better and easier. You just need to link the steam profile to The name

Your saying staff are going to be demoted and promoted daily? The only server Ill agree with for that is, maybe darkrp. Plus if @Tyger works his magic, it might not be so hard to add them, search a user name on the forums and just add them to a server.

(07-12-2018, 12:42 PM)Finn Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:39 PM)Monkey Wrote:

Your saying staff are going to be demoted and promoted daily? The only server Ill agree with for that is, maybe darkrp. Plus if @Tyger works his magic, it might not be so hard to add them, search a user name on the forums and just add them to a server.

IF it’s like that, I won’t mind.

I am a born idiot.

Murder Manager
TTT Community Manager
Breach manager????

I like the idea. As Monkey touched on, it's gonna be pretty hard to keep something like that updated. It's not a bad idea to add that rank selection thingo I believe you mean something like discord's system in a way.

Breach - Developer
Murder - Head Admin & Developer
TTT - Trusted & Developer
Surf - Manager & Developer
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 03:00 PM by -=ST=- ReMiX.)

Sure it probably will give some benefits, but it's not really necessary (in my opinion) as there's almost a discord for every server, and even the Main Discord there's the staff roles there (although I don't think they're always up do date (and the same would happen with the forum section (if it's added))). Back when it was added a while back, yeah it was great from the very start, but as it was implemented, the longer it had been on the forums, the less updated it was, and I can see the same thing happening with this idea of yours. For the first week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc. It will be more active for updating, but as time goes on, it'll get less and less updated as new staff come and go.

EDIT: It's not something that is needed as well as I don't see it being a high priority, so I'm on the against side of it if no one from the upper management has spare time to implement this.

(07-12-2018, 02:59 PM)-=ST=- ReMiX Wrote: Sure it probably will give some benefits, but it's not really necessary (in my opinion) as there's almost a discord for every server, and even the Main Discord there's the staff roles there (although I don't think they're always up do date (and the same would happen with the forum section (if it's added))). Back when it was added a while back, yeah it was great from the very start, but as it was implemented, the longer it had been on the forums, the less updated it was, and I can see the same thing happening with this idea of yours. For the first week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc. It will be more active for updating, but as time goes on, it'll get less and less updated as new staff come and go.

Then that will prove that nothings changed, the owners and the staff team, so they dont really have a choice do they Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 03:58 PM by Tyger.)

hmm...

Gmod forum sync?