Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Add Media Player to DarkRP (if possible)

Forum Name: Heinzrich Beanler
DarkRP Name: Heinz Schmidt

Suggestion: Add Media Player to DarkRP (if possible)

Links regarding the Suggestion:
Media Player: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=546392647

Reasons for this Addon to be added:
1: Will help maintain the playerbase in DarkRP.
2: Gives players who are doing nothing something to watch or listen to whilst in-game so they can see if anyone if coming to raid them at the same time enjoy listening or watching music or clips.
3: Referring back to Reason 2, it makes multitasking more flexible for players if they watch or listen to music or clips on different tabs.

Input your thoughts if Media Player should be added to DarkRP and what would be the appropriate cost of it and the appropriate amount you can have.

SCP-Breach: Super Admin
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 04:57 PM by Cheng Lou.)

I think a new job should be made called "Cinema Owner" and only they can place them down, or only trusted+ can spawn them in because they are really just lag machines

[Image: RepentantPersonalCleanerwrasse-max-1mb.gif]
DarkRP: Trusted
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 06:21 PM by MariosMillion.)

Reasons for this Addon to be added:
1: Will help maintain the playerbase in DarkRP.
2: Gives players who are doing nothing something to watch or listen to whilst in-game so they can see if anyone if coming to raid them at the same time enjoy listening or watching music or clips.
3: Referring back to Reason 2, it makes multitasking more flexible for players if they watch or listen to music or clips on different tabs.

Input your thoughts if Media Player should be added to DarkRP and what would be the appropriate cost of it and the appropriate amount you can have.

My reply to this:
Alright I see where your going with the 1ST, reason but may also cause a significant lag as in said in another post, and also it wont necessary bump the player base it will just make this server less dead in the central bits as they would be in rooms watching this media player.

2. .... as i listed above its simple the central bits will be dead

3. Alright, this overall is easy to say once again we do not want people to multitask as we want more RP instead of everyone watching media players yes it will create maybe a little bit less fuss for admins and moderators but nothing will be left in RP

Alright so i think if this does get added the cost should be around 2 to 3 million dollars but as a feature that will be heavily not used and i believe this item should be permeant (just like the skins currently) and also a maximum of 1 per person.

As understandable that is my thoughts overall and all of those mixed together i got to say i don't really want media players to be a part of this community as lack of RP will happen.. -1

[Image: Sylvester_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 06:22 PM by Napoleon.)

-1 "How to Put on a Condom Tutorial!"

I wouldn't mind too much if only Moderators had perms to use them.

When we were looking into changing map the one I liked had a cinema and was considering a cinema type addon for that. Since server's quite active at the moment and we're no longer looking into changing map (I still want to but I'll wait until a time when it's dead again and we have nothing to lose) there aren't really any appropriate spots for it IMO.

[Image: 0NDIHeb.gif]

So it is now a contingency plan incase the server dies out? So this addon won't be here anytime soon until something like that happens. Alright then.

SCP-Breach: Super Admin

+1 if only placeable by a cinema type job and/or mod+ so I don't have my FPS raped. I can see RP value but idk if the addon would cause a lot of lag, but like batarang said, there's not really a cinema location currently.

[Image: LogoV3.png]

(07-12-2018, 02:37 PM)Heinzrich Beanler Wrote: So it is now a contingency plan incase the server dies out? So this addon won't be here anytime soon until something like that happens. Alright then.

I'm more likely to risk a map change during quiet time (less to lose)

[Image: 0NDIHeb.gif]