Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Steam Beta Client

So Valve has rolled out a Beta Client for Steam where it implements a lot of new features (which is about time), but the UI design still looks shit. It introduces a lot of features that allow for easier accessibility, and give a better design (in the friends list, and not the actual main Interface). If a similar thread has already been made, feel free to DELET it hamad.

Show ContentWhat's in the update:

Blog: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/...6222762142

How to update: https://steamcommunity.com/updates/chatupdatev

DEATHRUN: EX-ADMIN
MURDER: EX-SUPER ADMIN
BHOP: EX-TRUSTED (SORTA)
HIDDEN: EX-MODERATOR (SORTA)
POSEIDON: EX-DONATOR ($210!)

Yay, new UI update not like you can just change that with a theme lol. I've got another idea how bout' Valve stops adding useless shit to Steam and gets working on HL3.

[Image: Echotiger_Sig_V3.png]
Sig made by Hinzy <3
My Steam Profile:

adding usable voip to steam. Is this a package from god?

this shit died in like 2016

(06-14-2018, 09:14 PM)Lightning Wrote: adding usable voip to steam. Is this a package from god?

Yes because right now I am looking at the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Atheism is declining rapidly.

*Insert random gif here*
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 03:42 PM by Larko.)

And he comes back from his ban with such a great idea. Good on ya

EDIT: This was actually a complement, I know it looks like some bullshit shitpost but I think it was maybe taken the wrong way.

[Image: Larko_Poseidon_V2.png]
Other names: RapidPunch, Justin Starke
Credit: Hinzy

(06-14-2018, 10:26 PM)Larko Wrote: And he comes back from his ban with such a great idea. Good on ya

It's not an idea, it's an official release.

where the frick is the option to join friend's game through their tab and the button to see which server they're playing on.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 07:28 PM by KatunoZ.)

I like it overall. Its a bit too large, to the point of being kinda intrusive, and I don't like the whole "not being able to join a friends game through the friends list" thing. However, with the ability to send pictures, apparent higher quality of voice chat (I haven't personally tested this yet), the ability to add favourites, and other quality of life improvements, I can safely say I like it. It's also good to keep in mind that this is a beta, and the issues will likely be resolved.

(sorry btw larko, I misunderstood.)

[cool signature]

i like the new design i guess, it's a bit weird for steam do something like this in my opinion tho. i don't like that the group chat tab thing is always visible and would prefer to be able to hide it or smthng.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 03:58 PM by -=ST=- ReMiX.)

(06-14-2018, 10:26 PM)Larko Wrote: EDIT: This was actually a complement, I know it looks like some bullshit shitpost but I think it was maybe taken the wrong way.

I can see that it was a compliment, but as I had said "t's not an idea, it's an official release." The reason you probably think why some people took it was the wrong way, was probably because you were dumb reacted. You state that it was a "great idea" I had, when literally the first few words read the following; "So Valve has rolled out a Beta Client for Steam".

EDIT:
(06-15-2018, 03:12 PM)Suicide Christ Wrote: i like the new design i guess, it's a bit weird for steam do something like this in my opinion tho. i don't like that the group chat tab thing is always visible and would prefer to be able to hide it or smthng.

The new UI design for Steam is a step up from what it used to be (but it's still bad compared to people that've made custom Steam Skins), but until Steam Skins update to resolve the Beta, I'm not using it.

Also to note, it is in Beta and there is a Feedback section thing, so I doubt it'd get released until the majority of Feedback is positive.