Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Mayor Breaking Their Own Laws
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018, 02:47 PM by Baj.)

So, I've seen several staff members in the past warn mayors and/or remove their valuables for breaking their own laws such as bit-miners and printers despite there being absolutely nothing in the rules, and considering this is a fairly large rule it likely would be. 

So where does the idea of it come from? Corruption occurs in real life and it does here so where does the idea that the mayor cannot break his own laws come from? Provided that the police do not see and demote him it seems fine for a mayor to do this. I'd appreciate a thread here on it verifying that its okay. Pretty sure I've talked to @Bat about this before but I want a thread on it so it is clearer, because lets be real its kind of stupid to punish a player for a legitimate in-game action that doesn't affect anybody.

I swear they were actually allowed to at one point in time, but yeah breaking his own laws would just be considered corruption and would require him to be demoted, not warned or banned lol

[Image: Zero_Sig_V1.png]

Well the first rule of law is that no one is above it. Default laws are there for a reason, to prevent certain laws from being broken and to enforce a strict black and white RP rule. Etc as a cop you must do this, this law cannot be changed for a reason. Granted in a coup if someone does want to take over they can just take down the lawboard and perhaps put up a custom one? I guess if the lawboard isn't up then the default laws are not enforced. However thats just my guess, but I agree there does need to be more clarification on this issue.

[Image: Larko_Poseidon_V2.png]
Other names: RapidPunch, Justin Starke
Credit: Hinzy

(06-13-2018, 03:33 PM)Larko Wrote: Well the first rule of law is that no one is above it. Default laws are there for a reason, to prevent certain laws from being broken and to enforce a strict black and white RP rule. Etc as a cop you must do this, this law cannot be changed for a reason. Granted in a coup if someone does want to take over they can just take down the lawboard and perhaps put up a custom one? I guess if the lawboard isn't up then the default laws are not enforced. However thats just my guess, but I agree there does need to be more clarification on this issue.
So if a mayor breaks his laws, he gets warned, but if anyone else does, nah bro just a demote and/or arrest

I can’t help but feel that’s a bit unfair

[Image: Zero_Sig_V1.png]

(06-13-2018, 03:42 PM)Zero Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 03:33 PM)Larko Wrote: Well the first rule of law is that no one is above it. Default laws are there for a reason, to prevent certain laws from being broken and to enforce a strict black and white RP rule. Etc as a cop you must do this, this law cannot be changed for a reason. Granted in a coup if someone does want to take over they can just take down the lawboard and perhaps put up a custom one? I guess if the lawboard isn't up then the default laws are not enforced. However thats just my guess, but I agree there does need to be more clarification on this issue.
So if a mayor breaks his laws, he gets warned, but if anyone else does, nah bro just a demote and/or arrest

A mayor can break his own laws as long as he dosen't get caught by the cops of whoever is enforcing the law. The only person that really can't break the law is the SWAT because they can be corrupt but apart from them anyone really can.

In summary the mayor can as long as he dosen't get caught by the cops, and if he does he will go to jail or be arrested etc.

[Image: Larko_Poseidon_V2.png]
Other names: RapidPunch, Justin Starke
Credit: Hinzy
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018, 03:51 PM by Baj.)

(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)Larko Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 03:42 PM)Zero Wrote:

A mayor can break his own laws as long as he dosen't get caught by the cops of whoever is enforcing the law. The only person that really can't break the law is the SWAT because they can be corrupt but apart from them anyone really can.

In summary the mayor can as long as he dosen't get caught by the cops, and if he does he will go to jail or be arrested etc.

Of course, that is completely fine. I'm talking about the staff who demote(For OOC reasons such as teleporting to the player)/warn people for being corrupt when not S.W.A.T when literally every role except for S.W.A.T can be corrupt provided it doesn't break another rule.

I am almost CERTAIN that corruption via printers is totally allowed rule wise, of course the mayor can be demoted for it but I am fairly certain he is allowed to do it.

Mayor should be demoted if caught breaking his own laws as this is corruption, but not against the rules. This was on the MOTD but I removed it while trying to streamline it, as it doesn't feel strictly like a rule (rules generally being "you cannot do this"; this was just telling people the consequences of an action).

[Image: 0NDIHeb.gif]

Cool, going to link thread to staff next time they do this. Can this be locked?

yes
Thread Closed  This thread is locked.