Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Why isn't Deathrun in the inactive server section?

(05-27-2018, 11:02 AM)Blue Admiral Wrote: I suggest we span out to other games and build territory on those games as a whole (Rust is very poplar and could be useful in the long run, ARMA 3 would be another great candidate.) In other words give the dead servers the M.A.D. treatment and evolve this community as a whole.
Expanding out to other game or even gmod gamemodes requires an active community (in those games) to get it started and I don't see a whole bunch of Poseidon players running out to play a Poseidon rust/arma3 server (not that I know alot about our community).
But ignoring that who wants to manage and create a good server for those games for free? I just can't see a qualified and knowledgeable individual throwing their hand up to run such a server.

(05-27-2018, 12:27 PM)Akechi Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 11:02 AM)Blue Admiral Wrote: I suggest we span out to other games and build territory on those games as a whole (Rust is very poplar and could be useful in the long run, ARMA 3 would be another great candidate.) In other words give the dead servers the M.A.D. treatment and evolve this community as a whole.
Expanding out to other game or even gmod gamemodes requires an active community (in those games) to get it started and I don't see a whole bunch of Poseidon players running out to play a Poseidon rust/arma3 server (not that I know alot about our community).
But ignoring that who wants to manage and create a good server for those games for free? I just can't see a qualified and knowledgeable individual throwing their hand up to run such a server.

I’m sure a lot of people would considering they get to manage it and have a bigger e-peen by getting the orange name on the forums. The reason why expanding out to other games won’t work is because you need to have done it within the first week(/s) of it being released in order for it to go for as long as the game is still alive.

All these servers that aren’t getting players is due to the simple fact, that Garry’s Mod just isn’t that good if a game anymore, and there are far better games to play, so people choose that option, and that’s the soul purpose why the player base for those individual game modes have died down. Won’t be too long before Garry’s Mod eventually starts to die down as a whole.

And as much as I love deathrun, I just think it’d be a mission and a half to bring it back up, even to an ok standard, I just don’t really see it happening, as you need a lot of truly hard dedication towards it, and if no one has that dedication/motivation then it just simply will be a waste (given that someone does want to try), or just close the server for good.

Look, please stay on garry's mod until it does out complete i am quite enjoying this game right now and i think its better to stay until we die down to 0 players on all servers.

[Image: sylveter_stallone.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2018, 02:08 AM by Thrilloby.)

I really do like Deathrun a lot sad to see no one plays on the server here. And like @Echotiger said all the Deathrun people from Australia is playing on Playbox which I play myself very so often. I really do wish people played on the server though it's really a fun game mode just really like for people to play on the server you can only hope :/

Experienced Moderator.

Moderator for Pilex Gaming (DarkRP)
Senior-Admin for GBA Gaming (Deathrun)
Staff Manager for DormantRP (DarkRP)

frankgoessupersaiyan will revive it!

ot: fuck