Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Make Banker a donator-only job
Thumbs Up 

Good evening, everyone!

The title of this thread basically sums up my suggestion! As soon as player count begins to dwindle, the Banker goes from being a job that can add to roleplay, to being easily abused to gain a couple friends some easy cash when staff are offline; besides from the extremely rare Banker who actually knows how to be a Banker, this is how I mostly see the job being used, and restricting the job to donators is a change that I believe could serve to mitigate this abuse of the job. Besides the frequent job abuse, Banker also tends to be commonly played by people who don't actually know how to play it, which I mostly see result in bank raids that succeed way too commonly, and the purpose of Banker being completely null. I'm not saying that people who haven't donated, or, by extension, aren't Trusted, are unable to properly play the job, I just believe that restricting it could aid in the abuse of the job.

Thanks for reading~

[Image: 3wN9VQ7.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 10:40 AM by Jimmy.)

Although I can agree with you in that many players don't or wouldn't know how to play the job, I'm not sure if restricting it to donator would help. Whenever I'm on I hardly see someone as a banker, I feel restricting the job would result in less people being the job.

In saying that, I'm still open to suggestions and this isn't me shunning the idea away, just my take on it.

To address the abuse, perhaps we can increase the amount of minimum police required to rob the bank? What do you think about this?

DarkRP Developer

-1 Limiting jobs down to people who don't know how to play is a horrible idea. People can learn how to play at their own pace and if you take that away from them you're doing nothing but pissing them off. Additionally building a base in bank takes time, non-donors do not have stacker nor duplicator. This means that they often take a very long time to build and when they realize that once they have a near invincible base that it gets obscenely boring sitting and collecting a minor amount from other people's printers.

Following the logic of job abuse is giving support for not letting non-donors be BMD, its just bad practice and makes the server look scummy.

But if it’s donor only, who’s gonna play dthief?

[Image: Zero_Sig_V1.png]

(05-18-2018, 10:39 AM)Jimmy Wrote: -snippo-
To address the abuse, perhaps we can increase the amount of minimum police required to rob the bank? What do you think about this?

Increasing the minimum police could help reduce the abuse, and I can definitely see this as a much better approach than simply just restricting the job. I'm unsure if this is plausible, or possible with the current system, but possibly a certain rank could be required to be online? Just spitballing an idea, but yeah, I do think there are better ways to handle it than simply locking down the job.

(05-18-2018, 12:06 PM)Baj Wrote: -1 Limiting jobs down to people who don't know how to play is a horrible idea. People can learn how to play at their own pace and if you take that away from them you're doing nothing but pissing them off. Additionally building a base in bank takes time, non-donors do not have stacker nor duplicator. This means that they often take a very long time to build and when they realize that once they have a near invincible base that it gets obscenely boring sitting and collecting a minor amount from other people's printers.

Following the logic of job abuse is giving support for not letting non-donors be BMD, its just bad practice and makes the server look scummy.

I can see where you're coming from, and I couldn't agree with you more, restricting more jobs to donator would just upset more people. When staff are offline and even sometimes when they're online I see people abusing the Banker job way too often, and it can gain someone a very large amount of money in a very short period of time, which is more than unfair on other players; Restricting the job is an idea that I thought could help combat this, although I do see after a bit of contemplation how this would simply negatively affect the server, and I apologise for not putting much thought into my initial suggestion. Like Jimmy proposed above, increasing the minimum amount of Police required to rob the bank could assist with this, or even a time restriction, e.g. between 10am and 10pm, to avoid stuff like this when staff are likely asleep. Again, I should've put much more thought into my suggestion before creating a thread, and I thank you for taking the time to respond.

[Image: 3wN9VQ7.png]

(05-18-2018, 03:27 PM)Yuki Wrote:

-snip-
I'm unsure if this is plausible, or possible with the current system, but possibly a certain rank could be required to be online? Just spitballing an idea, but yeah, I do think there are better ways to handle it than simply locking down the job.
-snip-

Considering I wrote the system, I'm 100% certain It's possible with the current system.

DarkRP Developer

(05-18-2018, 04:02 PM)Jimmy Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 03:27 PM)Yuki Wrote:

-snip-
I'm unsure if this is plausible, or possible with the current system, but possibly a certain rank could be required to be online? Just spitballing an idea, but yeah, I do think there are better ways to handle it than simply locking down the job.
-snip-

Considering I wrote the system, I'm 100% certain It's possible with the current system.
*shots fired*
Thread Closed  This thread is locked.