Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poseidon Logo Competition
Rainbow  (This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 11:41 AM by Hinzy_.)

Echotiger mentioned on another post about a sort of competition on redesigning the Poseidon Servers logo which I thought would be a fun idea for everyone to showcase their talents. I haven't even discussed it with any owners or Tyger so whether it gets changed or not, who knows, but either way I think this would be fun. Only conditions to take into consideration:
  • Must be in .png format with a minimum size of the current logo (600 x 100px), try to use a larger size so scaling isn't an issue.
  • Remember licensing issues, if you use a vector or font from some random site remember not to just steal it unless you have permission or author has specified it's use. 
  • Must be clearly visible behind the gradient background.
Current Logo

[Image: logo.png]

My Versions
I kind of went for a minimalistic theme since it's what I like, a hasty job but should give you guys some inspiration. I also added a 1080x1080 square logo variant that can be used in MOTD/staff applications and looks nice and clean.

[Image: LogoV2.png]

[Image: LogoV1.png]

[Image: LogoV3.png]

cool and all but

https://smzeus.com/

(05-17-2018, 01:30 PM)Spook Wrote: cool and all but

Dang, got it from some vector site with a personal free license lmao

(05-17-2018, 01:32 PM)Hinzy_ Wrote:

Dang, got it from some vector site with a personal free license lmao

All ways be sure to reverse google search if using assets. People steal assets and reupload them as free to use license. Happened with our current logo. We had it made from scratch.

(05-17-2018, 01:39 PM)Spook Wrote: All ways be sure to reverse google search if using assets. People steal assets and reupload them as free to use license. Happened with our current logo. We had it made from scratch.

Did you actually have the Poseidon figure as a vector or PNG so I can do the old swapsies on the one I’ve got now? Definitely won’t be using the current one, if not I’ll just have to attempt to make a trident in Indesign which won’t  look good because I’m awful lmao

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 02:44 PM by Napoleon.)

Most Accurate Design:
Show ContentClick Me:

OT: Working on a Basic Idea rn. I'll post soon

Why the fuck does Zeus have a trident?

SCP-Breach: Super Admin
DarkRP Name: Heinz Schmidt
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 03:15 PM by Napoleon.)

Basic Idea, I'm not familiar with Ms Paint though I'd love to be. The point of the Design is for Inspiration because I'm not that Talented with Ms Paint. (It's meant to look shitty)

[Image: VtB5pZl.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 09:52 PM by Yuki.)

Great idea! Looking forward to see what people can create!

Either way, I thought I'd have a go at it. Wanted to take a bit of a different approach, so I went with a fish, as I thought it suited the theme.

[Image: RME5aOV.png]

Hopefully you guys can see and appreciate the work I put into making the scales lifelike and perfecting the typeface, which I believe creates the perfect logo for our community. Our little fishy friend here I gave the name Tony, he is sad because sometimes his uncle likes to lock the door and do things to him that he doesn't understand. One day, though, Tony's uncle will be able to teach him algebra with great success.

Taking a leaf out of your book I made a square version too for a favicon or stuff like that

[Image: 4wchUNB.png]

This is Tony after a beating from his stepfather. He never really liked Uno anyway, though.

Anyway I hope you all have a good day

I put a lot of work into this so please don't leave hate

[Image: 4KgX7uY.png]

(05-18-2018, 09:48 PM)Yuki Wrote: Great idea! Looking forward to see what people can create!

Either way, I thought I'd have a go at it. Wanted to take a bit of a different approach, so I went with a fish, as I thought it suited the theme.

[Image: RME5aOV.png]

Hopefully you guys can see and appreciate the work I put into making the scales lifelike and perfecting the typeface, which I believe creates the perfect logo for our community. Our little fishy friend here I gave the name Tony, he is sad because sometimes his uncle likes to lock the door and do things to him that he doesn't understand. One day, though, Tony's uncle will be able to teach him algebra with great success.

Taking a leaf out of your book I made a square version too for a favicon or stuff like that

[Image: 4wchUNB.png]

This is Tony after a beating from his stepfather. He never really liked Uno anyway, though.

Anyway I hope you all have a good day

I put a lot of work into this so please don't leave hate
I reckon Yuki's onto something,
I really feel the second design.

Walk into an Event like
[Image: 0*IWeaR42P-UtylMrq.gif]
OCDT of 501st
Former Sev