Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login with Steam   Create Account  

New Reactions: [+1] [-1]

Title.
Add +1 and -1 reacts just for applications 'n all that, if people don't want to type comments they can do that react or people can do it anyway.
Would be useful.
Used to be important.

isn't that just pretty much agree and disagree?
Dark RP: Jimmy Butt
TTT: Trusted
Deathrun: Moderator

(Saturday, 13-01-2018, 08:10 PM)m3m3 Productions Wrote: isn't that just pretty much agree and disagree?

yes and no. It kinda works but doesn't.
Used to be important.

+1 and primarily -1s should be accompanied by valid reasons almost always - it's unfair to applicant to starve them of fair feedback.
TTT:  Manager
ℐⓄℛƱℳ  ꟿꝊⅆ

Show ContentClick Dis:

(Saturday, 13-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Cain Wrote: +1 and primarily -1s should be accompanied by valid reasons almost always - it's unfair to applicant to starve them of fair feedback.

It isn't like user's reasons matter. The only people that decide on whether or not they get the rank is staff / management.
People just like to post to try and 'help them out'.
Used to be important.

(Sunday, 14-01-2018, 08:17 AM)CrackedBot Wrote:
(Saturday, 13-01-2018, 08:40 PM)Cain Wrote: +1 and primarily -1s should be accompanied by valid reasons almost always - it's unfair to applicant to starve them of fair feedback.

It isn't like user's reasons matter. The only people that decide on whether or not they get the rank is staff / management.
People just like to post to try and 'help them out'.

Well, say what you want about user opinions mattering or not, but, from my experience, the communities feedback ( where valid ) is actually quite impactful in the result of someone's application.
It goes both ways, too, let me try and show you an example.

So User A applies for a rank on TTT - I think User A is fine with no issues, I would accept him but I choose to wait for user feedback. I check back a couple of days to his application and there are a few +1s but there are more -1s with valid reasons, stating how user A wouldn't be a good pick for a role and how he can improve. I read these and realize that the feedback they've given is valid and actually shows that the applicant may not be ready. Now, instead of my thought process being "This guys all green" - I'm not thinking that I may have overlooked some things and that I need to reconsider.
The same goes for +1s - if User B applied and I already think he isn't ready - but gets an overwhelming amount of support with strong reasons consistently showing why User B would suit a position, I'd be obligated to reevaluate my stance and then consult further with my staff team about my issues with the applicant and why they think he's fine; so an understanding can be found.
Now let's say that an applicant is ok, not too good but not too bad, promising but not there yet. He makes an application, and is meeting by a mixed response. The -1s are inciteful and informative while the +1s are supportive and positive. 
Now, let's say I deny this application but the applicant isn't ready to give up, he improves himself based on the negative feedback while keeping aligned with what people liked about him and therefore positively improving. He reapplies, and maybe he's ready this time?

Honestly I think where the manager actually pays attention to his staff and his players, Feedback will always be relevant, and taking that away is unfair, some feedback is quite useful, and where possible I encourage my staff to give informative and constructive feedback where applicable so that the user still has a chance to improve and reapply with hope still in his eyes.

-soz for mini rant, just felt like a more in depth discussion was needed to explain my point :^)
TTT:  Manager
ℐⓄℛƱℳ  ꟿꝊⅆ

Show ContentClick Dis: