Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login with Steam   Create Account  

Garry's Mod Website

For my year 10 IST (Information Software Technology) major I am doing a website on Garry's Mod. The website will feature like 5 different gamemodes and tutorials and shit. The gamemodes are TTT, Star wars RP, DarkRP and Prophunt. If you guys have any ideas or any shit I should add to it please say something the feedback would be really appreciated. At the moment I have done shit all and it is due Thursday. Here's a screenie: (btw im using adobe muse, might use some dreamweaver to touch it up)
[Image: 94f1b3262bb50d2438c09d4703fa0ca5.png]
Rahj is my dad
DarkRP Name: Justin Starke
DarkRP: Trial Mod
Steam name: Larko
SWRP: Ewwww

(This post was last modified: Monday, 06-11-2017, 10:29 AM by Multi.)

Just do it by hand, why tf would a WYSIWYG be superior to that smh

for what it's worth though it doesn't look too trash, very 90's esque

Edit: you wanted ideas/feedback, I feel that you're best bet in the next three days is to just keep the 1990's aesthetic or google how to do some basic CSS to make the navigation bar look a bit sleeker, content wise I think you're best off just doing a write up of what each mode is and putting an image of gameplay in it to make it complete.
the only forum mod ever permanently banned for realsies [Image: qOzcYPk.png]

(Monday, 06-11-2017, 10:12 AM)Multi Wrote: I feel that you're best bet in the next three days is to just keep the 1990's aesthetic or google how to do some basic CSS to make the navigation bar look a bit sleeker, content wise I think you're best off just doing a write up of what each mode is and putting an image of gameplay in it to make it complete.

Yeah alright, I alreaady did a small write up of what garrys mod is about but yeah some images of gameplay sound good.
Rahj is my dad

This might help you:
https://twitter.com/i/moments/880688233641848832
also
https://color.adobe.com/
for your color scheme, because currently it's very hard and straining on the eyes. Pick some nice complementary colors and play around. (I'd normally recommend having light on dark, and not the other way around.)

Quite a lot you can change, but it has somewhat of a nice 90's era charm to it.
GL with your project.
I can do coding stuff
give me projects pls
 [Image: tumblr_onqzd5aind1w67jvfo1_500.gif]
The #1 ladder hater
also TTT mod

(This post was last modified: Tuesday, 07-11-2017, 05:35 AM by Echowolve.)

lol i did one of those a few years ago for Visual Media on the Fallout franchise it turned out pretty well, plus i got the highest grade in my class for it, which understandable since i am pretty good with CSS and HTML programming so i was able to add a lot of features that none of people in my class had. I was actually able to make a database along with it, that showcased the various weapons and creatures you come across, it also showed a picture and a brief description on it. If i can find my project i will put some screenshots up.

(Monday, 06-11-2017, 09:58 AM)Larko Wrote: For my year 10 IST (Information Software Technology) major I am doing a website on Garry's Mod. The website will feature like 5 different gamemodes and tutorials and shit. The gamemodes are TTT, Star wars RP, DarkRP and Prophunt. If you guys have any ideas or any shit I should add to it please say something the feedback would be really appreciated. At the moment I have done shit all and it is due Thursday. Here's a screenie: (btw im using adobe muse, might use some dreamweaver to touch it up)
[Image: 94f1b3262bb50d2438c09d4703fa0ca5.png]
Can you manually code any CSS and HTML because using those stupid programs are a pain i would rather just do it manually. If you don't you should create maybe a gallery to showcase some gameplay or something like that, it should be pretty simple do it in Adobe Dreamweaver.
Murder ~ Senior Admin

[Image: 47928baa5c588c7a2c94e9105d0bbb97.png]
Thanks for that I got a good colour scheme, when I have completed it I will show you guys a screeny (you probably dont give a fuck anyway xD). I am gonna do it on dreamweaver than touch it up on dreamweaver. Thanks for the help and advice it is greatly appreciated!
Rahj is my dad

(This post was last modified: Tuesday, 07-11-2017, 07:55 PM by Frankie.)

(Tuesday, 07-11-2017, 05:31 AM)Echowolve Wrote: CSS and HTML programming
shadow clone head sargent

(This post was last modified: Tuesday, 07-11-2017, 08:36 PM by Tyger.)

I recommend replacing SWRP for Murder since SWRP is just a custom DarkRP gamemode, and perhaps having a "RP" tab in the gamemodes displaying different types of Roleplays.

EG > presses RP > gets options "DarkRP" "SWRP" "1942 RP" "HL2RP". I could whip up a fully finished example in a couple of hours if i really tried, but i'm busy.
DarkRP - Head Administrator | Community Manager | TS Owner
Ban Report  |  Ban Appeal  |  Donate  |
Garry's Mod - Mapper