Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login with Steam   Create Account  

Transexuals may not be employed in the US Military

Now I dont usually use conservative videos or right-wing talking points to advance my opinion, but this one actually brings up another serious issue for the US during wartime. What if in the event of a major conflict people start legally identifying as trans in order to dodge the draft/conscription. As shown in the video southern doesnt even need a operation but just a legal note from a doctor to legally become a man(or transgender). I know its related to Canada mainly, But the US might have similar laws/regulations and if it does it means the transgender ban is basically a free get out of war card that can easily be achieved by anyone.
Your Local Communist

EX-Breach Manager for 15 minutes

(This post was last modified: Sunday, 10-09-2017, 06:46 PM by Multi.)

(Sunday, 10-09-2017, 05:20 PM)Charlie Wrote:
(Sunday, 10-09-2017, 03:13 PM)Multi Wrote:
(Friday, 08-09-2017, 12:01 PM)Charlie Wrote: I have no idea how anyone could possibly argue that trans people are not mentally ill... severe desire to rid themselves of their natural genitalia from ages as young 2, severe depression and distress when going through puberty and a 50-60% h8gher suicide rate to go with it, and if you're going to sit there and tell me that the suicide rate is from bullying than I'm going to disregard all that you have to say. With that logic the suicide rate of black, Hispanic and middle eastern teens living in America/Australia should be through the roof as they are the most bullied and discriminated against people in these countries, instead they have some of the lowest suicide rates around. The reason these people are offing themselves is because they are constantly living uncomfortably with constant confusion about who they are and what they are feeling. I'm perfectly okay with people wishing to be the opposite sex because of gender dysphoria, but if you're going to jump between genders and dress like a fucking Looney then I simply don't have time for you.. you can do what you want but when you then expect me to play along and throw away basic biology logic, we're going to have an issue. I don't see how people think it's a good idea to send a person with a 60% higher chance of killing themself overseas, giving them a gun to go and shoot people. The effects that PTSD alone can have on a person and a persons family is absolutely devastating as I've witnessed it happen to a good mate and his family, and the idea to send someone who is already mentally ill into an environment like that is simply a recipe for disaster. Besides ontop of this, do you think you or the stupid far lefts on Facebook comments know more than about this topic than the military generals and multiple medical professionals that advised Donald Trump to make this decision? No? I didn't think so either.

I don't really know where to start on this or if I should even, but parading others opinions as fact (or verifying your statements) immediately leaves you looking like a fucking dickhead. Yes, it causes mental illnesses, being trans alone doesn't make you mentally ill in the strictest sense of the word, but it does make you much more likely to suffer from genuine mental illnesses such as depression; and yes, as a result of said mental illnesses, the attempted suicide rate is in fact higher. No, bullying is hardly a significant factor in the suicide attempts; the cause comes from deep internal struggles that ultimately lead to such a decision. You go from saying you're alright with people having dysphoria and seeking to correct it by presenting as the opposite gender, to saying you will never accept it as they are a 'looney'... yeah, righto. 

There are many justifications for denying trans individuals from serving, but in my opinion generalising the entire trans community as nothing more than suicidal freaks discounts many able and fit servicepeople that the US military would be slightly worse off not employing. As with everything in life, it needs to be a case by case basis, and the issue that many seem to parrot should not be the discounting factor; being trans does not equal suicidal tendencies, being trans isn't synomous with having depression, and already there are systems in place within the US military if that a trans servicemember did happen to fall victim to mental illness while on duty, the network is there to provide support and get them out of the way until they recover. 

The whole biology debate means literally jack shit as well by the way, because if life was defined by biology then every piece of modern human medicine you've ever taken wouldn't have worked. We as a species have flown in the face of genetics many, many times and only delve deeper; saying that a person who is on female or male hormones, who for all intents and purposes is legally and for the most part physically no different than their cis counterparts is still considered their assigned at birth gender is laughable. If you consider yourself defined by whats in your pants, and that is the only thing that makes you an individual, then you've got bigger fish to fry than the topic of who gets into the military.

once more I've taken the god damn bait like a retarded yogi bear, kms

I said if you dress like a looney

So a person who identifies as a woman and is taking estrogen is a looney if they wear a dress? What do you mean by that lmao.

Stressing the fact there is 2 genders, if someone dresses up like a pyro fox or some shit then yeah they're definitely insane

(Sunday, 10-09-2017, 05:38 PM)Ryeboy98 Wrote:

Now I dont usually use conservative videos or right-wing talking points to advance my opinion, but this one actually brings up another serious issue for the US during wartime. What if in the event of a major conflict people start legally identifying as trans in order to dodge the draft/conscription. As shown in the video southern doesnt even need a operation but just a legal note from a doctor to legally become a man(or transgender). I know its related to Canada mainly, But the US might have similar laws/regulations and if it does it means the transgender ban is basically a free get out of war card that can easily be achieved by anyone.

Yes, this is actually a very good point, and I feel there has to be a minimum length of time one has identified as transgender to avoid a draft if there was one. While this fucks over those transitioning, as you stated it doesnt cost much for the US to continue to provide medical support to these individuals, so they can continue on their therapy while servicing. What should define ones legal gender is the birth certificate, which requires several doctors and psychs to sign off on it as well as presenting as the opposite gender for at least a year iirc. 

Trans women are still women due to HRT, and unless you can support the fact you're trans with hard evidence you are transitioning (taking hormones, having surgery etc) or have specific intent to begin within the past 6 months (through evidence such as chat logs or letters etc) then you cannot be considered transgender. Sucks for the 1% who are legit trans and dont meet the criteria, but its the only fair way to deal with it imo.

Everyone has their different views and I accept that, but it isn't Australia in America it is fucking legal to be racist and prejudice against people. I agree that they shoulden't just like disabled people should they be allowed in? Should people with mental disabilities be allowed in? America is never going to change they are always going to be racist prejudice cunts that don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of them and Australia should be more like this rather than accepting of every little fucking race, colour, culture etc. I agree with old donny.
Rahj is my dad
DarkRP Name: Justin Starke
DarkRP: Trial Mod
Steam name: Larko
SWRP: Ewwww

(Sunday, 10-09-2017, 08:15 PM)Justin Starke Wrote: Everyone has their different views and I accept that, but it isn't Australia in America it is fucking legal to be racist and prejudice against people. I agree that they shoulden't just like disabled people should they be allowed in? Should people with mental disabilities be allowed in? America is never going to change they are always going to be racist prejudice cunts that don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of them and Australia should be more like this rather than accepting of every little fucking race, colour, culture etc. I agree with old donny.

ok

Got no problems with gay people or anything, but transgender is weird. Some people think it's a mental disability. If that's mental, so is being a furry. Furries are worse imo.
fuck off

(Monday, 11-09-2017, 08:07 AM)Lui Wrote: Got no problems with gay people or anything, but transgender is weird. Some people think it's a mental disability. If that's mental, so is being a furry. Furries are worse imo.
From when I last checked, gender dysphoria is a mental condition.

Furries are just people who roleplay as a animal, they don't actually believe that are a animal.
| SWRP Administrator & Developer | Deathrun Moderator | Breach Manager

Ex TTT Trusted for 1 week (fuck you cain)

Ex Jailbreak Trusted for 3 seconds (fuck you lcast)

(Monday, 11-09-2017, 10:08 AM)UPrior Wrote:
(Monday, 11-09-2017, 08:07 AM)Lui Wrote: Got no problems with gay people or anything, but transgender is weird. Some people think it's a mental disability. If that's mental, so is being a furry. Furries are worse imo.
From when I last checked, gender dysphoria is a mental condition.

Furries are just people who roleplay as a animal, they don't actually believe that are a animal.

You'd be suprised
fuck off

Weebs are more of a problem than transgender people
"suck my dick" -lizzy
"my cock is SWOLE" -seb mc
"Ok, beat that meat first ay?" -napoleon
[Image: isnowillegal.gif]